Insulating shed with kingspan/or similar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just got a second hand 5x7 pent tongue groove shed. I have been given some sheets of kingspan or similar foil backed insulation. I have cut and put it between the down battons on 3 of the walls and the roof.............after browsing the forum I am wondering if I have just turned my workshop into a condensation trap....the idea was to insulate so I could work during summer and winter and also to keep my work things (papers, crafty bits etc dry)......do I need to pull out the boards or leave a gap behind them or any ideas.
Thanks
Purps

Sponsored Links
Should be ok if you put a vent or 2 in the wall. The sliding adjustable ones should be ok, you can then close them when youre working in there if it's draughty. You should really space the boards away from the t&g boards, leave at least an inch away from them.
Some strategically placed 1x1 batten should be used, say 4" strips top and bottom where the edges of the boards sit against the wall.

Any more tips?

I need my shed to be fully insulated becuase I'm putting electrical equipment in it and papers but don't want a condensation trap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back