Insulation hard to reach area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to insulate an area which is almost impossible to reach apart from a small gap of around 30x30cm. I had though of a blown in foam solution or similar, any advice?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Possibly not what you want to hear , but I've just removed a four square metres of roof to deal with a similar problem. Not as bad as you think once you get going .

I had thought of removing sections of the room and have a friend pass the insulation so that I can ptu it between the rafters. I would prefer not to use this method, is there no option to use blown insulation?

Sponsored Links
Got any small children? They're good for confined spaces.

Haha, I am unsure of the exact size of the area I can't get in there to measure. It is basically lift space that I can see inside but it's too difficult to measure. Is there no blown fibres or could I use the Polly balls used in cavities?

Are the rafters horizonal (i.e. a flat roof scenario) or pitched (i.e. skeilings?) or even a few vertical studs that need doing too?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back