Insulting the intelligence of the voter

"The European Union's executive said on Monday it had a unanimous mandate from the bloc's 28 members to finalise negotiations on a free trade deal with the United States, a day after Germany's economy minister said the talks had "de facto failed".

Economy Minister Sigmar Gabriel of Germany, the EU's biggest economy, said on Sunday that negotiations over the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) had failed because Europe rejected some U.S. demands."

Some kind of negotiating ploy, perhaps.

Has anybody seen evidence to support transam's confused ramblings?

No?

Not even transam?

I am afraid the negotiations have to all intents & purpose's gone pear shaped or t*t's up. This was predicted a good while ago

Europe rejected US demands is true. fact is the US demands were common sense

Not labelling turtle wax products or Hot dogs ect ect

there were 27 chapters on the trade deal & they agreed on none

A trade deal between Canada & australia took what 7 months ????

Sponsored Links
No doubt you would celebrate the TTIP agreement if it did come into international law. Even though it would remove national governments power to regulate against profit driven multinational corporations in some cases.

Since the terms of an agreement have not been agreed, you are of course talking rubbish when you attempt to define what the terms of the agreement would say. No change there. But perhaps you are right about transam supporting it, since he seems to be grumbling that it has not been finalised yet.

It's hard to guess.

No doubt you would celebrate the TTIP agreement if it did come into international law. Even though it would remove national governments power to regulate against profit driven multinational corporations in some cases.

Since the terms of an agreement have not been agreed, you are of course talking rubbish when you attempt to define what the terms of the agreement would say. No change there. But perhaps you are right about transam supporting it, since he seems to be grumbling that it has not been finalised yet.

It's hard to guess.

grumbling ?? not at all ?

You are correct they spent the first 14 months arguing about the terms of any agreement , to which they never agreed as the Europeans insisted that
this caper about turtle wax was included and the U.S insisted that it was not an issue

how ever after 3 years & millions of euro's they did come to an agreement

They agreed to disagree :LOL:

Sponsored Links
TTIP’s biggest threat to society is its inherent assault on democracy. One of the main aims of TTIP is the introduction of Investor-State Dispute Settlements (ISDS), which allow companies to sue governments if those governments’ policies cause a loss of profits. In effect it means unelected transnational corporations can dictate the policies of democratically elected governments.

ISDSs are already in place in other bi-lateral trade agreements around the world and have led to such injustices as in Germany where Swedish energy company Vattenfall is suing the German government for billions of dollars over its decision to phase out nuclear power plants in the wake of the Fukushima disaster in Japan. Here we see a public health policy put into place by a democratically elected government being threatened by an energy giant because of a potential loss of profit. Nothing could be more cynically anti-democratic.

There are around 500 similar cases of businesses versus nations going on around the world at the moment and they are all taking place before ‘arbitration tribunals’ made up of corporate lawyers appointed on an ad hoc basis, which according to War on Want’s John Hilary, are “little more than kangaroo courts” with “a vested interest in ruling in favour of business.”

So I don’t know about you, but I’m scared. I would vote against TTIP, except… hang on a minute… I can’t. Like you, I have no say whatsoever in whether TTIP goes through or not. All I can do is tell as many people about it as possible, as I hope, will you. We may be forced to accept an attack on democracy but we can at least fight against the conspiracy of silence

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

Nothing to worry about there then.

"The European Union's executive said on Monday it had a unanimous mandate from the bloc's 28 members to finalise negotiations on a free trade deal with the United States, a day after Germany's economy minister said the talks had "de facto failed".

Economy Minister Sigmar Gabriel of Germany, the EU's biggest economy, said on Sunday that negotiations over the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) had failed because Europe rejected some U.S. demands."

Some kind of negotiating ploy, perhaps.

Has anybody seen evidence to support transam's confused ramblings?

No?

Not even transam?

You didn't add all the text from your copy and paste.....

Three years of negotiations failed to resolve multiple differences, including over food and environmental safety, with critics saying the pact would hand too much power to big multinationals at the expense of consumers and workers.

As always with the EU you have the commissionars telling their usual porkies and the real world saying something else.

Why doesn't your quote tell us that the talks stalled because of turtle wax and hot dogs?

Was not just about turtle wax & hot dogs , which incidentally has caused a great deal of confusion amongst the Chinese

The greeks objected to the proposed size of the word Feta on there cheese

The Belgys argued about the alchohol content of there beer

The French objected to the wording on imported videos

The Italian representative Vito Bumbalini objected to the quality of the imported American Hershey bar

TTIP’s biggest threat to society is its inherent assault on democracy. One of the main aims of TTIP is the introduction of Investor-State Dispute Settlements (ISDS), which allow companies to sue governments if those governments’ policies cause a loss of profits. In effect it means unelected transnational corporations can dictate the policies of democratically elected governments.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html
Nothing to worry about there then.
So:
The UK was seen as one of the strongest supporters of TTIP in the EU, so its departure following the Brexit vote would remove one of the US's closest allies in the talks.
If Brexit does happen, will the TTIP model become the model for a trading agreement for UK/US[/QUOTE]
We can secure good deals with major economic players including the US via a UK-US TTIPN and take advantage of their dynamism and rapid growth, but they will be wanting things in return, as is natural. For an already open economy, the UK will need to swallow even more foreign influence in return for promising new opportunities and inward investment. We ought to be clear about that.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...ains-post-brexit-trading-future-a7214476.html

There was a massive argument when the German delegate Otto Von Smit over heard the term or name Fritz being used which he considered to be a racist remark

The French delegate also chipped in & stated that if the Germans objected to the word Fritz as racist than they objected to the word "frog" which they also
considered to be racist

The French delegate also chipped in & stated that if the Germans objected to the word Fritz as racist than they objected to the word "frog" which they also
considered to be racist
I would like to say that you have a wonderful imagination......but I can't.
I can however, quite truthfully say that you do have an imagination, unfortunately, it's weird and bigoted.
The sad thing is, you're appear to be happy in your weird and bigoted fantasy world.

considered to be racist
Only if the person saying it is of a different race.

Probably more likely xenophobic or humourous.

Stop teasing the hard of understanding.

Sponsored Links
Back