intercom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, new to forum and hoping for some help please.

trying to help out my parents, they live in a multistorey and the intercom has stopped working, when the flat number is called from outside the building the handset inside the flat wont ring but speech from the flat can be heard from the main intercom panel outside the building but cant be heard from inside the flat,so unsure if this is a faulty handset or perhaps externel wiring, but willing to buy a replacement to try but cant source one, i have attached picture and hope someone can help, many thanks in advance.

(flat not owened by council so would cost a fortune to call someone out)[/img]

Sponsored Links
sorry for the quality, looked all over it and also inside but no model number at all

Sponsored Links
I agree. I don't know if they're replaceable without programming, or even if they're available to non-registered installers. They don't look compatible with anything else.

The council (if it's a council block) probably retain ownership of the intercom system and the right to repair it and charge the flat owner.

If the damage was not caused by, or cannot be traced directly to the tenant, then under the Landlord and Tenant Act the landlord is responsible for the repair, wouldn't you agree Owain ? If the tenant is disabled and relies on the intercom then the Landlord is in even deeper waters. And one further... even in the case of accidental damage by the tenant, the landlord still has a duty of care.

My assumption was the flat was a purchased flat in a council owned block.

The council as building owners probably still own the intercom system and have the right to dictate by whom and how it is repaired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back