Interest rates up

Sponsored Links
Have you taken into account what it might cost to comply with paperwork and control regulations at business level, and the state cost of control of the same ? And how much time it will cost, delays etc ?

What paperwork?

what deal have we reached, I havent seen it anywhere.

Wrong.

Our biggest trading partner will not offer a better deal.

I could give you 27 examples with ease.

And you can't give a single example of one that you think would be better.

what deliberate, untrue, nonsense silly notch likes to post.

Been to loads of French farmers markets and they are a joy to go to, really they are, but in the rural ones (and i have been to a lot) they have no refrigeration or hand washing facilities, this is an EU food hygiene breach.. That said i havent had food poisoning from anything ive bought from there, its all been delicious AFAIR. Re stats, very tricky one that as there is no mandatory or consistent recording of food poisoning cases across the EU.
Same problem with The baker van who delivers bread to the camping car (motor home) airs. No gloves or tongs. Same hands on your bread as those that pumped diesel in, opened the car door etc

Sponsored Links
what deliberate, untrue, nonsense silly notch likes to post

Since youve quoted your own post, not mine, Im happy to agree with your description.

Please do continue with your honest self appraisal :ROFLMAO:

Net contribution: 8,600,000,000
UK Nationals in employment : 26,630,881
= £322.93?
Ah, the usual quitter ignorance...

Which bit of "average wage earner in the UK" did you not get?

If you still have a problem with that, may I suggest you look at the leaflet the government sends out to all taxpayers (I'm assuming you are one) telling you 'where your taxes go'...

There is a figure regarding your EU contribution and your salary/income.

If you earn on or about the average wage then the figure will be on or about what I quoted.

Do you not understand the principle about varying contributions due to earnings?

My point was - you shouldn't include EU citizens working in the UK and you should select the average based on the mean, not the median or mode. If everyone paid your £80, I'd have been happy to vote remain as we'd only be over paying <£2.5bn

Regarding my tax status - using your maths - I pay well over 20 times more tax than the "average wage earner in the UK".

Notch the troll pretends not to know who any of the members of the EU are.

Wrong.

Our biggest trading partner will not offer a better deal.

I could give you 27 examples with ease.

And you can't give a single example of one that you think would be better.

See the list. In alphabetical order. https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries/member-countries_en

France, Italy and Germany are three examples of countries that will not offer a better deal. Neither will any of the others.

Poor old notch can't think of a single example to support his feeble assertions.

I hadn't realised it was only us and Denmark who aren't using or planning to use the Euro. We do stand out a bit.

Ah, the usual quitter ignorance...

Which bit of "average wage earner in the UK" did you not get?

If you still have a problem with that, may I suggest you look at the leaflet the government sends out to all taxpayers (I'm assuming you are one) telling you 'where your taxes go'...

There is a figure regarding your EU contribution and your salary/income.

If you earn on or about the average wage then the figure will be on or about what I quoted.

Do you not understand the principle about varying contributions due to earnings?

Oh dear Ellals been proven wrong, by simple mathematics :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ive heard Casio make accurate calculators perhaps you should get yourself one (y)

Oh dear Ellals been proven wrong, by simple mathematics :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Come on then notchy...

Prove my statement regarding 'average UK wage and EU contributions' wrong.

You won't because you can't!

Do you believe that richer taxpayers don't pay more and poorer taxpayers don't pay less?

I ain't the 'simple one' :)

Last edited:
Just to help notchy and motorbiking out a bit...

Results from 4 years ago...

So even allowing for wage growth/inflation I was actually over estimating the average EU contribution :)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance...nts-to-show-how-your-tax-money-was-spent.html

taxtable1_2871685b.jpg

My point was - you shouldn't include EU citizens working in the UK
Ah, so their contribution to the UK is worthless?

you should select the average based on the mean, not the median or mode.
Which bit of 'average' do you not understand?

The 'average' wage of workers in the UK is based on a figure of all wages put together and divided by the number of workers...

A primary school kid should to be able to work that out, with or without a casio calculator!

If everyone paid your £80, I'd have been happy to vote remain as we'd only be over paying <£2.5bn
So you believe everyone should pay the same, regardless of income?

Care to give us the figures as to what the shortfall to the NHS/Defence/Education budgets would be were we to apply the same logic?

Getting back to Interest rates.

One of my colleagues ( in 1972 ) was considered a bit of an idiot for taking a fixed rate mortgage that was something like 0.5 % above the normal rate of circa 3% when he took it out in the 1960's

A few years later he was laughing when the flexible rates had gone far above 3.5%

the prevalence of high and volatile official interest rates persisted throughout the 1970s and 1980s, with the Bank rate peaking at 17% in November 1979.

...and you should select the average based on the mean, not the median or mode. ...

Which bit of 'average' do you not understand?

The 'average' wage of workers in the UK is based on a figure of all wages put together and divided by the number of workers...

A primary school kid should to be able to work that out, with or without a casio calculator!
That is the 'mean.'
The "mean" is the "average" you're used to, where you add up all the numbers and then divide by the number of numbers.
https://www.purplemath.com/modules/meanmode.htm

Sponsored Links
Back