Interesting waste adaptor problem...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_3056.JPG
IMG_3055.JPG

Hello,
Apologies if this is obvious, but how do I solve this problem safely.

Was going to do a simple basin swap u til I noticed how the last fitter had adapted the metallic silver of the sinks waste to the 32 mm PPE waste. Seems to have filled the PPE with gripfill and pushed the smaller silver pipe in.

How can I get the silver pipe out without cracking the recessed PPE end?

Any helpful comments appreciated. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
is the new basin going in the same position ?

Where does the plastic waste pipe run to,can you get to it elsewhere ?

I think I may have enough access, but it's some method of 'breaking' the gripfill's hold on the silver pipe without cracking the white one that's the crux of my problem.

The white pipe goes straight down to behind the boxing (just visible a top the bottom). And, yes, sink is going in the same place. Ideally leave all the PPE pipe in pace and just attach a new piece of PPE from the new sinks trap.

just need to get the silver pipe out... :(

Sponsored Links
Which method have you tried to extract the silver pipe ? just asking so not to duplicate at what you have already tried.

When the silver pipe is removed,how are you going to attach the new waste trap fitting to the plastic pipe ?.
Not knowing condition of the waste pipe/spigot in the wall,some consideration of how to repair/renew this section should be considered.

To extract the silver pipe,disconnect the trap and use pump pliers
channel lock.jpg
that will grip the silver pipe and gently turn in an anti then clockwise direction until the seal is broken,then pull out.

For some reason (my stupidity) when I tried to upload the completed picture yesterday, it didt happen. I tried running hot water through the pipes to soften the adhesive and then , effectively, what Old and bold suggested.

The new trap will be concealed in a pedestal, so I hope I can cut existing PPE pipe and attach the trap with an adaptor/ link.

Thnaks for all your comments!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back