Intermediate Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, this may be a silly question but can I use a 2 way switch as an intermediate?

I bought a range of Volex switches and for reasons I cannot fathom they do not do an intermediate 1g switch in the range I have bought. That'll teach me for not buying Crabtree or MK!

Sponsored Links
No you can't.

You can use an intermediate as a 2-way, but not the other way round.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

So, not really sure what to do now...they must do an intermediate switch...more searching me thinks.

Any suggestions welcome : )

Sponsored Links
You might be able to take the mechanism off another Volex intermediate switch and swap it onto your chosen faceplate.

:LOL:

Serves him right for buying VOLEX in the first place

I have no sympathy :mrgreen:

:LOL:

Serves him right for buying VOLEX in the first place

I have no sympathy :mrgreen:

Well it's easy to be rude when it's not face to face.

I have used Volex in other rooms in the house with no problem, they have been perfectly reliable and a 1/2 of the cost of MK or Crabtree.

It's the polished chrome with white insert and angled edge BTW.

I tend to stick to Click Scolmore for decorative stuff, completely modular design means you have have a 3G switch with an 2 intermediate modules and a 2-way module if you so choose. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back