Intermittent issue with WB Greenstar 30si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a WB Greenstar 30si installed in 2010. It's been serviced regularly but I don't think it's ever been stripped down and cleaned.

Over the past couple of weeks, we've had an intermittent problem that's getting more regular. I'd get up in a morning and the thermostat is requesting heat but the radiators were cold and I had no hot water. I check the boiler and it has slow flashing blue light with the red reset light flashing faster. I'd reset the boiler and everything would be fine until the next morning. After a few days of this, I tried turning the heating temp down on the boiler and this cured the problem for over a week.

Over the past couple of days, the boiler has been locking out more often though. It's 3 or 4 times a day now I'm having to reset it.

It's a bit over 12 month since it was last serviced so I've got someone coming to have a look this week and service it at the same time.

Does anyone know what the issue may be? I'm hoping it's just the heat exchanger or something that needs clearing out?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back