Internal corner lead flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to start a small roof monopitch roof on my house which has a recessed area so basically has 2 internal corners and an external corner.

Before I chase in the lead I wanted to ask what is correct way of doing the internal corners? I was hoping to have a small upstand of lead and can't see how the 2 corners meet without bossing it loads to shape the corner?

Does one of the runs need to be chased in to both walls to ensure a watertight seal?

If anyone can pont me in the right direction as I can't see detail of it anywhere.

Cheers J

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm about to start a small roof monopitch roof on my house which has a recessed area so basically has 2 internal corners and an external corner.

Before I chase in the lead I wanted to ask what is correct way of doing the internal corners? I was hoping to have a small upstand of lead and can't see how the 2 corners meet without bossing it loads to shape the corner?

Does one of the runs need to be chased in to both walls to ensure a watertight seal?

If anyone can pont me in the right direction as I can't see detail of it anywhere.

Cheers J
Agree with Exedon - dog ear the corner. Practice on some paper and you'll get the idea. I like to set up a corner, remote from the roof so that I can bat away without breaking the tiles. I'll even use a sacrificial tile (if profiled) to mimic the tile peaks and troughs, so that I can shape the lead as best I can, before offering it to the roof.

Thanks for advice. I was going to get up there tomorrow with some paper !!:LOL:

I'll try and get some pics.

Would the horizontal chase and the angled pitch chase need to meet? I've seen it before where the angles pitch chase sits under the horizontal where it meets in the corner. I'll have a play around tomorrow. Thanks again

Sponsored Links
So my mrs thought I had taken up Origami last night!

Is this the sort of thing that would suffice? And if so does only 1 need to be turned in to the chase and the other flashing can sit over it. In other words do both corner peices need to have this done to them?

Thanks again for all advice
20240518_084637.jpg

Thanks for that. Only thing is, I will have to turn the edges to fit into the chases. So does the corner need to be bossed to form the point?

Sorry for all the questions but it's too late when there's water running in :D:ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back