Internment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
given the recent events

Is that a possibility with ref to terror suspects or those holding extremists views.

Tarique Ghaffur a former assistant commisionar of the Met calls for internment of those who pose the greatest danger

"Of course they would have to be interned.You cannot just leave many people who potentailly could create the kind of atrocities that are being created in Manchester free to roam about in there communities & potentially contaminate further people " (he said)

this would mean interment imprisonment (?) with out any criminal charges being brought or being found guilty of an offence ?

internment for freedom of speech may be ????????????????

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No. It will end up being used on the public at large. They've already been caught creating databases of political activists including animal rights protestors and environmental activists. These are conscientious people that care about very important issues and effectively it allows the government to further sanction them and anyone else that opposes what is happening politically.

No. It will end up being used on the public at large. They've already been caught creating databases of political activists including animal rights protestors and environmental activists. These are conscientious people that care about very important issues and effectively it allows the government to further sanction them and anyone else that opposes what is happening politically.
I've not heard of environmentalists or animal rights protestors blowing themselves up in public places,,, Have you?

Sponsored Links
I've not heard of environmentalists or animal rights protestors blowing themselves up in public places,,, Have you?

I shouldn't need to repeat what I already said in a different way for you to understand it. If you're not getting it judy I don't know what else to tell you..

Are we not already doing some thing similar ??

seem to recall the term "control orders" ??? dunno how they work ???

I shouldn't need to repeat what I already said in a different way for you to understand it. If you're not getting it judy I don't know what else to tell you..
I do see what you're getting at Hawkeye. Perhaps the government should introduce an internment law, but make it a stipulation that it's only used for radicalised Muslims, suspected of plotting terror on the public? Would that make you happy?

If you've ever seen how police treat protestors you will realise how badly the legislative mechanisms are abused. They have wheeled in a great deal of oppresive and orwellian style
legislature under the umbrella of ''protection''.

I do see what you're getting at Hawkeye. Perhaps the government should introduce an internment law, but make it a stipulation that it's only used for radicalised Muslims, suspected of plotting terror on the public? Would that make you happy?

those holding extremists views.
Including some Kippers, obviously.

Saddened to see that Nutter is proposing not only imprisonment without trial, but also the torture of suspects. He must be appealing to his core supporters.

Including some Kippers, obviously.

Saddened to see that Nutter is proposing not only imprisonment without trial, but also the torture of suspects. He must be appealing to his core supporters.
Who is Nutter?

And no thanks, I don't think Britain needs it's own Guantanamo Bay.

give us some examples of successful internment.

American citizens of Japanese ancestry in US prison camps during WW2?

Ant-Nazi Jewish Refugees interned on Isle of Man?

Boer families into British concentration camps?

Irish malcontents into residential universities for advanced politics and bomb-making training?

Sponsored Links
Back