Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Would you vote to be IN Europe

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it looks like the Irish have overwhelmingly voted out the new treaty (even though they've benefited more than the UK). Now let us have OUR referendum, Mr Brown. When do we want it? NOW.

Would you vote IN or OUT of Europe?

Sponsored Links
Out. We have enough megalomaniac, self-serving, thieving gits, who supposedly represent us, but consistently fail to do so, without ceding ever more of our ways to the even more corrupt - if that's possible - Brussels gravy train addicts. Being shafted by someone of UK nationality is one thing; being so by foreign MEPs is another.

GB would never hold a referendum, as he knows what the answer would be. Democracy: ain't it great.

But if the Irish vote is overwhelmingly out - how can the UK refuse a referendum?

But if the Irish vote is overwhelmingly out - how can the UK refuse a referendum?
They havn't voted 'OUT' of europe they've just rejected the new treaty/constitution...

And we wouldn't get a vote because calamity brown doesn't believe in democracy... ;)

As for being IN or OUT, - depends on the 'type' of europe IMO..

A single free market, yes.
A united states of europe, no..

Sponsored Links
Let's just say they have voted against the spirit of Europe then.

Why is it that the pro Europe camp are afraid to come out and argue their case? Come on JohnD you are a Europhile. Give us a clue why.

"Why is it that the pro Europe camp are afraid to come out and argue their
case?"
I will gladly put forward my argument for a united Europe, and the reasons why I passionately believe in the benefits which it brings.
In every city, town, village and tiny hamlet in this land,and all over Europe, there are war memorials to those many millions who had to die because we, and other Europeans, have, for centuries, been busily cutting each others throats. Over the last 80/90 years, millions of lives have been snuffed out, millions of Mothers have mourned their Sons, and, especially in the last war, unspeakable atrocities became routine following the rise of the European dictators. Yes, the seemingly endless arguments between bureaucrats, the, sometimes, infantile discussions, the disappointingly protracted wrangles within Europe over subsidies and individual sovereign laws, are tedious, and do, quite rightly, cause much concern about dearly held national ideals but, when this is done, between nations, without bloodshed or the acquisition of territory by armed force, surely this must be the way forward? Millions would have liked the chance to fight with words instead of weapons and, now, within Europe, we live in peace because of the foresight of those who had that dream of European nations coming together with mutual commercial and cultural dependence.

This was well debated last night on question time I thought.

We can always rely on the Irish ... One up for democracy ... Another one in the eye for El Gordo the autocrat ... His days are numbered, he's looking more like a loser with every passing day.

If you think that the Treaty (or constitution to the savvy) is dead though you are in for a shock ... There's no such thing as a democracy in the EU and this will be re-hashed under a different guise and pushed through EU member states ...

European leaders were making plans to find a legal way around the Irish 'No' vote.

Nicholas Sarkozy, the French President, was working with EU leaders and diplomats to plan a special "legal arrangement" to bypass the referendum rejection.

In a joint statement with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the French leader insisted the treaty was "necessary" for the EU and would go ahead.

Mr Sarkozy assumes the rotating presidency of the EU next month, and at a summit in Brussels next week he and Mr Brown will insist that the ratification process continues unchanged.

British sources said that the summit is likely to conclude that the Irish vote is a problem for the Irish government, not the rest of the EU.

"The Irish government will have to go away and think about how to proceed, but the rest of us will keep going," said a Foreign Office source.

Jose Manuel Barroso, the president of the European Commission, insisted that treaty would not be stopped.

"The treaty is alive," Mr Barroso said in Brussels. "The remaining ratifications should continue to take their course."
And we still won't get a referendum ... Why? ... Because El Gordo may be a prat but he's a canny prat and he knows for sure that it would be overwhelmingly rejected if he did.

MW

Ancient history is no reason to chuck our lot in with them. Why can't we all live as trading neighbours and nothing else?

Millions would have liked the chance to fight with words instead of weapons and, now, within Europe, we live in peace because of the foresight of those who had that dream of European nations coming together with mutual commercial and cultural dependence.
:rolleyes:
The Lisbon Treaty is about removing member state independence and passing control of key state issues to Brussels ... It isn't about whether or not we should have a European Union of member states.

Many are in favour of the latter, me included, but do I want decisions about UK issues made in Brussels by the corrupt ar**holes who govern there ... Not on your life.

Why do we have fortnightly bin collections ... Brussels.
Why do we have stupid green policies ... Brussels.
Why do we have fishing quotas in our own waters ... Brussels.
Why do we have such moronic H&S legislation ... Brussels.
Why do we have bus lanes with 4 buses an hour using them and everyone else gridlocked in what remains ... Brussels.
Why can we not publish photographs of our child in shorts running in an egg and spoon race at their school sports day ... Brussels.

The only thing they've ever given us is sprouts and all they do is make me fart!

If the EU is such a beacon of democracy and good then they should respect the fact that the Irish have rejected the treaty/constitution which all member states needed to ratify ... To ignore the Irish will speak more about the nature of the EU than any referendum ever could.

MW

The Irish have de-railed the EU on a couple of issues previously through referendums and in each case a second referendum was held to secure the answer brussels wanted.

Well done Ireland.
I would have voted no !! The arguments against the wars are good. But We still have wars, and most vetrens would turn in their graves at what is happening today.
Brussels is riddled with corruption, Neil kinnock and glynis whent in to sort out the corruption. He sacked a whistleblower after he realised that two yrs into the job he was found out to have done zero and coruption had trebled. They cant make out an annual balnce sheet as this would result in most of them going to prison. They pay french and german farmers £millions to keep their fields barren while the world starves.
I'm ouite ****ed off that brussells says we (civilians) shouldnt vote as civillians dont understand the language of the Lisbon treaty.

B o l l o x to rattification
<gon for refill.

Well done Ireland.
I would have voted no !! The arguments against the wars are good. But We still have wars, and most vetrens would turn in their graves at what is happening today.
Brussels is riddled with corruption, Neil kinnock and glynis whent in to sort out the corruption. He sacked a whistleblower after he realised that two yrs into the job he was found out to have done zero and coruption had trebled. They cant make out an annual balnce sheet as this would result in most of them going to prison. They pay french and german farmers £millions to keep their fields barren while the world starves.
I'm ouite p****d off that brussells says we (civilians) shouldnt vote as civillians dont understand the language of the Lisbon treaty.

B o l l o x to rattification
<gon for refill.

Couldn't put have it better myself. The Kinnocks, Mandelson,etc. the greedy trough groveling MEP's, and all the rest of the sleazy corrupt bunch, have all contributed, to give the EU the rubbish reputation it has today. By ignoring the result of the Irish vote, it is on a par with Mugabe...... Barruso and the rest of the rotten shower have only themselves to blame. The French Foreign Minister even threatened Ireland with the consequences if they voted no..... They should all be wrapped in their rotten piece of blue rag with the yellow stars, and be publicly flogged as common criminals, instead of being the so called political elite. Well done Ireland, I hope we get a chance to do the same if Dithering Bottler Brown let's us.... which he wont,,,,, but he's finished anyway. :LOL:

Roughcaster.

Does anybody think the tories would hold a referendum if they got in? F**k the lot of them, if I can ever be *rsed to vote again, it'll be for the national front.

Why is JohnD ignoring this thread? He has come out as pro EU on every other occasion. C'mon John - where do you stand?

Sponsored Links
Back