Is 63mm MDPE incoming main Overkill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
First Post here so please be gentle!

I'm about to start building a four bedroom detached house with detached double garage and looking at getting services installed on site. The water connection in the street is approx 30m away from the house and the garage approx 50m away.
A local guy is selling 100m of unused 63mm MPDE pipe that I was considering buying but my question is is this completely overkill for what I need? The house has 3x bathrooms and I'm looking to install a sprinkler system from the garage for the lawn.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
yes it's overkill, normally you would use, 20, 25 or 32mm. But you have to dig the same trench regardless so if it's cheaper than 32mm then why not.
You would need a reducer to connect it at the meter end though, as the water company will only give you approx 25mm connection at the meter for the standard domestic cost.

A local guy is selling 100m of unused 63mm MPDE pipe that I was considering buying but my question is is this completely overkill for what I need?
Yes and the fittings will be impossible to get locally and cost a hundred times more than a length of 20mm pipe.:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back