Is anyone using X10?

Hi,

Put it all down to a lack of 'toys' to play with at work !!

P.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
I didn't know he typed with his b***s!!!
Well I tried it,can't read it though,

asdfg sdfg ghjkl cvbnm ertyui ghjkl :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Sure of the gender then ????

'He' may very well not be .....

What to type with in that case then ?

P

pipme said:
What to type with in that case then ?

P
A strong and maneuverable tongue?

I'm beginning to have a bad feeling about the direction this thread is going...

ban-all-sheds said:

You started it........

il78 said:
ban-all-sheds said:

You started it........

I hate to support Ban here :), but actually you started it Ian by mentioning the little lady in the first place...so you can hardly blame Ban for that :D

DavidH said:
I am doing a complete rewire and am looking at the X10 stuff. Are there any experiances of reliability etc and is it really worth all the effort?
I know this is an old post to be digging up but i wanted to add a comment.

Regarding the effort, Yes very much so, An example of versatility using X10 was a colleague who has a long driveway which has wrought iron gates at the end these are motorised , he also has two antique wall lights mounted on the columns and a 2.4 GHZ microwave CCT and an X10 pir setup , he was able using the X10 modules to be informed when someone drove up to the gates and after satifying himself as to their identity, to open close the gates using a remote and switch the lights on at his pleasure and all this was achieved using a SWA with just live,neutral and earth feeding the gates,no extra wiring involved! cost of the modules £15 Lamp Module, Appliance Modules for the gate 2 x £19.95 the most expensive items being the Camera/receiver which cost him £150 and the motor setup (which came with the gates) . No expense in having to dig up the driveway and lay a multicore SWA.

And I'm sorry to perpetuate it, but I just wanted to confirm that yes, I am a HE, yes I am married, FWL!!, and I do have an intact tool kit if you know what I mean!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back