Is Gas safe just a front for expensive morons ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It is odd but understandable from the public image of GasSafe as being an organisation that ensures totally safe and competent engineers ( technicians ) can be found,

Reality is that GasSafe registration means that the registered person has the knowledge ( been trained ) to be able to :-

(1) work safely on gas pipework
(2) diagnose faults directly related to the supply and combustion of gas in certain types of gas appliance.
(3) read and understand the manufacturer's basic installation, maintenance and fault finding for the appliances they are approved to work on.

The training / appraisal system does not ( based on my experience ) include anything more than very basic fault finding processes for the electrical and electronic modules found in modern boiler.

But the above almost reads as "well, even if they don't know how to fix your boiler- they won't blow your house up". Sorry, I am not trying to malign all gas safe engineers...

But the above almost reads as "well, even if they don't know how to fix your boiler- they won't blow your house up". Sorry, I am not trying to malign all gas safe engineers...

I have always found, the more I learn about a subject, the less trust and faith I have in the so called experts you can employ to problem solve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back