Is it easy enough to install this split a/c unit ?

I actually don't have an aerial connected to my TV as I never watch live tv. I only record using sky and with a freeview recorder(which has tv aerial connected to it) which will sit over 2m from air con unit. The sky box etc connects to tv via HDMI cables.

Will this set up have a potential to be interfered with by the air con unit?

Does the air con unit interfere with the tv FULL STOP?

OR

is it more to do with the "aerial connections" to the tv/sky box/freeview box?

If I were to watch a Blu-ray disc as this has nothing to do with aerials, would the air con unit affect the tv viewing?

Sponsored Links
Who knows ?
If your signal is string then the Freeview box shouldn't be a problem, and really none of the other stuff should be either. Either the manufacturers are just being really cautious (give stupid restrictions so you can't complain), or their kit is really crap (interfering with a fluoro light, WFT !).

Where the connecting cables between the units would run along the side of the house, they will come very close if not almost on top of my satellite sky cables.

Will the sky tv signal be affected with the a/c cable?

Sponsored Links
I think the simple answer is "we have no idea".

If the sat cables are good quality copper foil and braid screened then there shouldn't be a problem, but it is always good practice to keep power and data cables apart as best you can. Just a 6" gap can make a big difference where there is a problem.

But, it really depends on signal strengths - how strong the sat signal is, and how strong the interference is. As I said earlier, either the manufacturer is being really cautious, or the equipment is really noisy (to the point of not being legal ?, I have to wonder).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back