Is it ok to use a drill to take out torx pieces holding driveshaft In ? Pics inc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 2010 Citroen C5 has been off road for about 11 days. I mistakenly took off control suspension arm when in fact the bushes on the hub needed changing now the bushes on the arm itself, has an absolute nightmare getting arm back on and lining it up, now I think the bushing on the arm is ****ed be sure of all the bending etc but it's due a mot in 2 weeks so I'll see what they say .
While putting arm back on the driveshaft came apart and I have a brand new one here but it might be wrong one idk yet. I need to take the old on off but it's help on by these bolts, is it ok to use a drill with a torq piece to get them out
IMG_20221108_114600.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As said, just line the three rollers and put the shaft back in. Fit a new clip. Job done.

I have replaced a nearside driveshaft on a C5, and I seem to recall it was completely conventional and succumbed nicely courtesy of my long tyre lever, popping out of the gearbox without fuss complete with it's snap ring. I have no experience of the offside one.
I would imagine the O/S one is similar but a lot longer, and will come complete with the centre bearing that bolts to the block.
I can't tell from the photo's but I'd assume undoing the bolts down there would release the diff bearings which you can do well without!
Unless the joint is damaged somehow, just rebuild it with fresh grease and a new boot clip.
Are we the subjects of a leg pull?
John :)

Any screws down here will be as hard as hell.......can't the joint be reassembled? It's called a tripod joint by the way.

hi, that's why I am thinking g could I use a drill with an extension and a torx piece attached to it ? and the driveshaft seems to have came apart and I dont think it can be reassembled.

I have been working on this car for 11 days, annoying thing is the control arm didnt even need come off because i found out later the bush that needs to be replaced that the mechanic was talking about is the one in the hub . in process I damamged the driveshaft and had to buyy new one c

Now the arm is back on finally I think I damaged the bushing but I leaving it on for now after all thjat iwill see what happens on mot, the mot expires 22nd november .

As said, just line the three rollers and put the shaft back in. Fit a new clip. Job done.

Are you and Joghn saying the Driveshaft does not need to be repalced and that this one is fixable ? it has come apart where the ball bearings go

I have replaced a nearside driveshaft on a C5, and I seem to recall it was completely conventional and succumbed nicely courtesy of my long tyre lever, popping out of the gearbox without fuss complete with it's snap ring. I have no experience of the offside one.
I would imagine the O/S one is similar but a lot longer, and will come complete with the centre bearing that bolts to the block.
I can't tell from the photo's but I'd assume undoing the bolts down there would release the diff bearings which you can do well without!
Unless the joint is damaged somehow, just rebuild it with fresh grease and a new boot clip.
Are we the subjects of a leg pull?

hi.

those 2 bolts look like they hold the driveshaft in maybe a bracket on it or something. ASnd are you saying the one in that has broek apart can be fixed because its broek where the ball bearings go. thansk

here is a short video showing where the driveshaft has come apart, I don't know if those 2 torx pieces are holding this part Of driveshaft on or if they are for something else.

here is a short video showing where the driveshaft has come apart, I don't know if those 2 torx pieces are holding this part Of driveshaft on or if they are for something else.

And here is a pic of other end of driveshaft
IMG_20221108_204929.jpg

I bet that joint just about fell apart, and therefore it can be reassembled just as easily.
That looks like an offside driveshaft and I think the screws you refer to hold it into the support bearing and they can be left alone - unless the entire driveshaft needs to be replaced. No need to give yourself an extra headache, just pop it back together.

Hi John.

I bought an online manual for this car last night it seems a bit rubbish and not very well explained .

Anyway I don't know if this but if info helps

The bolts on top pics look like the ones I am referring to
Screenshot_20221109-084247.png

Screenshot_20221109-084319.png

Sponsored Links
Back