Is it ok to use a drill to take out torx pieces holding driveshaft In ? Pics inc

Sponsored Links
Also I'm taking the driveshaft off Its basically ready to come off now I can find out if it can be repaired once it's removed .

That clip shows a typical VW arrangement where the driveshaft is fixed to flanges with ribe bolts, rather than the shaft itself just pushing into the differential gears.
Your system just pushes in as described as far as I know. Whilst its not absolutely necessary, marking the flanges and driveshaft coupling can help with reassembly and possible balancing. It's always better to put parts back together in the same position as they came off.
John :)

Are we the subjects of a leg pull?
If you can remember the saga of this posters Vectra when he was on here as Rightboy91, you may well be correct!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That clip shows a typical VW arrangement where the driveshaft is fixed to flanges with ribe bolts, rather than the shaft itself just pushing into the differential gears.
Your system just pushes in as described as far as I know. Whilst its not absolutely necessary, marking the flanges and driveshaft coupling can help with reassembly and possible balancing. It's always better to put parts back together in the same position as they came off.

Thanks, so where should I Mark it with a marker pen or should I not need to do that .

Also, after undoing those bolts are you saying it should just come out ?

Thanks

DD79D77A-DB35-4CFE-9B27-15D444A217D4.gif

As far as I know, Citroen don't use flanged driveshafts......the splines just pop out of the diff gears. The shaft has a wire clip on the end called a snap ring, doing the job of a circlip to lightly hold the driveshaft in place.

Take your car to a garage and get them to fix it and then leave it alone. I would hate to think you are driving a car on the road either behind, ahead of or adjacent to me.

Take your car to a garage and get them to fix it and then leave it alone. I would hate to think you are driving a car on the road either behind, ahead of or adjacent to me.

Hoi mate, I really need to sort the car asap as the MOT expires on November 22nd and I havent even had it in for that yet ! one of the rear lights doesnt work except for reverse light so obviuosly that needs sorting before mot. as well
All this hassle is because I took off the wrong part I did not need to remove the control suspension arm after all it turns out it was the hub carrier bush that needs replaced.
I had a lot of hassle lining it all back up and broke the driveshaft in the process.

Anyway I took out those 2 torx pieces as Citroen said take those out and the driveshaft should come out, but it is still not loose.

IMG_20221108_114600.jpg

You were told how to fix it in your other thread. You obviously dont know what you are doing. If you dont get the drive shaft and suspension back properly the consequences can be disastrous.

My advice to you is call a mobile mechanic who can reassemble it for you. I am done with this thread and your other one. Good luck.

because I took everything apaprt i just need to work out how to pull it thropugh

You’ve been given enough options in this thread. Pick one and get on with it.

Sponsored Links
Back