Is it really necessary to have a water tank in the loft?

Sponsored Links
Sorry to jump in here, but now I'm confused.

I read a long series of posts on the whole gravity fed/unvented/vented water system discussion the other week and the consensus was to go for an unvented (Megaflo) system.

NOW here in this thread people seem to be steering consumers away from this.

We are renovating our 1970s house and need to replace the boiler, fiddle with the heating, etc, etc, so at the same time thought we would update the water system with an unvented tank.

Now I'm not so sure; what are the annual costs involved? Please help me with this expensive and potentially disastrous decision!

Helen

Everyone has there own views on different systems we argue for hours over the best and not so good

The megaflow is good with mains presure hot water but you do need about 3 bar cold main coming in,if you don't have 3 bar you will need an ecumilator(a sealed storage sylinder) otherwise when you open more than one hot tap it will die out.
I see this so often so check incoming presure
1,you get to free up loft space
2,you get far better water presure
3,what maintainance(re-bubble)?
4,gallons of water not above your bed

Stick with it helen it is the best!!

ask a friend who has it first and you will see
a few extra ££ is worth it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back