Is it time to bring out our Special Forces?

I strongly agree with surveillance cameras. If you have nothing to hide, what possible objection could there be? I feel safer walking through 'rough' areas if I see cameras and I believe they serve a useful service with regard to safety and combating crime.

As for microchipping people, I'm not so sure. I'd like to know what information such chips would contain, for a start, and the purpose they would serve. I can see a possible use in the case of criminals, just as 'tags' attached to their legs are currently used. They would be rather more difficult to remove, although not impossible of course.

I could see a case for microchipping pedophiles, but in my view these people shouldn't be living in normal society anyway, it would probably be a horrible existence having a chip in you that's relaying your exact location to the authorites at every second of the day. Those that can't be rehabilited, in my view, should be in prison, not out in society at all. I agree about CCTV, I don't think they are a bad thing, but I disagree with how a fair portion of CCTV now is used to 'catch' people for petty things like parking in a bus lane, or going too fast down a hill. It's a good example of how a humble technology has been used for an entirely different agenda, and really besides the threat of punitive fines, it doesn't necessarily make bad drivers better drivers.

Sponsored Links
People don't bring up their children badly because they don't know better, they are just to lazy to do it properly. Easier to let them run feral while they drink, smoke and make more of them. :D

Sponsored Links
I strongly agree with surveillance cameras. If you have nothing to hide, what possible objection could there be? I feel safer walking through 'rough' areas if I see cameras and I believe they serve a useful service with regard to safety and combating crime.

As for microchipping people, I'm not so sure. I'd like to know what information such chips would contain, for a start, and the purpose they would serve. I can see a possible use in the case of criminals, just as 'tags' attached to their legs are currently used. They would be rather more difficult to remove, although not impossible of course.

I could see a case for microchipping pedophiles, but in my view these people shouldn't be living in normal society anyway, it would probably be a horrible existence having a chip in you that's relaying your exact location to the authorites at every second of the day. Those that can't be rehabilited, in my view, should be in prison, not out in society at all. I agree about CCTV, I don't think they are a bad thing, but I disagree with how a fair portion of CCTV now is used to 'catch' people for petty things like parking in a bus lane, or going too fast down a hill. It's a good example of how a humble technology has been used for an entirely different agenda, and really besides the threat of punitive fines, it doesn't necessarily make bad drivers better drivers.
That's perfectly true. Revenue cameras should be removed instantly. There are some instances, though, where I do agree with them: at traffic lights, for example, where running a red light can kill people. Some speed cameras, too, are OK if the location is suitable, such as in town centres or where there are many pedestrians. I have seen idiots steaming down roads just waiting to cause a fatal 'accident' (nothing accidental about it, of course).

Since when do we need people telling us how to raise our children or look after our pets?
Looking at the anti-social behaviour of some of today's children there is a need for some parents to be told how to bring up their children.

There is a need for some parents to be told how to bring up their children.
I've just been reading a thread on another forum about the relatively recent phenomenon of badly-behaved children being allowed to run riot in restaurants.
One suggestion was that there should be compulsory parenting classes before people are allowed to have children. I don't know how that could work, though, unless attendance would qualify them for child benefits (and non-attendance the opposite, of course).
Personally, I'd like to see more restaurants for adults only - no children.

Rubbish, several people directly accused him of condoning the attacks. It was disgraceful. Cyber bullying pure and simple, and sickening to see.
As far as I remember, no-one accused him of condoning the attacks and certainly not being a terrorist. He didn't actually condemn the Paris murders. As for cyber bullying, he sent me several threatening PM's and hacked into my computer. That was way out of order and I have been in contact with DIYnot regarding transcripts etc.

He started out quite polite, but I think he lost his temper after receiving a lot of rather nasty abuse from you lot, and responded in kind.

Who is you lot?
I hope I'm a member of 'You Lot'. I'd feel pretty upset if I wasn't.

I don't recall you joining the lynch mob.
Rubbish, several people directly accused him of condoning the attacks. It was disgraceful. Cyber bullying pure and simple, and sickening to see.
As far as I remember, no-one accused him of condoning the attacks and certainly not being a terrorist. He didn't actually condemn the Paris murders.

He condemned the Paris murders in unambiguous terms from the outset, but numerous keyboard warriors continued to accuse him of condoning the murders because they claimed he had not condemned them. I quoted his orginal condemnation as I found the baiting annoying. I detest it when people pick on someone because of their religion, or colour, or nationality. I have never in my life come across such extreme anti-Muslim views as I have read on this forum.

As for cyber bullying, he sent me several threatening PM's and hacked into my computer. That was way out of order and I have been in contact with DIYnot regarding transcripts etc.

So you claim. Hacked into your computer? :rolleyes: Yeah right. That I do not believe. Incidentally I'm a software engineer, with 30 years experience.

As for any threatening private messages, if he did send some, and that is for moderators to determine, then that is out if order. But I thought the attacks on him were disgusting, are you surprised he lost it? What did you expect? :rolleyes: Not that I condone his responses. But not everyone knows not to respond in kind.

I have never in my life come across such extreme anti-Muslim views as I have read on this forum.
Are these Muslims terrorists?
So you claim. Hacked into your computer? :rolleyes: Yeah right. That I do not believe. Incidentally I'm a software engineer, with 30 years experience.
You can believe what you choose, as you normally do, but he obtained two of my e mail address's and quoted them
As for any threatening private messages, if he did send some, and that is for moderators to determine, then that is out if order. But I thought the attacks on him were disgusting, are you surprised he lost it? What did you expect? :rolleyes: Not that I condone his responses. But not everyone knows not to respond in kind.
Have you heard of 6306? That was one quote. Also allegations about my family. Attacks on him - jeepers fella, how about the attacks on us? Always a one way street with you it appears.

Actually, Trafford Centre would be an obvious target.
Many of these terrorists are born here - the T.C. is in the north-west, near large immigrant populations - Oldham and Rochdale spring to mind.
It's the children and grand-children of immigrants from the 1950s/60s who are being radicalized.

Yes and a key aim of these sickos is to create conflict between Muslims and those non-Muslims who are too stupid to recognise that Isis is not a Muslim group.

Do you really believe that? How many Christians have joined Isis? Do they draw their membership from the local Sikh temple? It's just a different franchise under the ROP umbrella. Isis mainly operate in ROP countries, with ROP members drawn from ROP ghettos in Western countries or from ROP countries, funded by ROP money and fighting in the name of the ROP.

Poor attempt at propaganda. :rolleyes:

That's perfectly true. Revenue cameras should be removed instantly. There are some instances, though, where I do agree with them: at traffic lights, for example, where running a red light can kill people. Some speed cameras, too, are OK if the location is suitable, such as in town centres or where there are many pedestrians. I have seen idiots steaming down roads just waiting to cause a fatal 'accident' (nothing accidental about it, of course).

Agree, a **** doing 120mph on a motorway fair enough, I suppose it's the only way to get people not to do it though. Interestingly I got caught speeding once and took bad advice and went to court instead of taking the fine and points, I learned nothing from it. A few years later I had my first crash, I was within the speed limit on a residential, someone had slammed their brakes on at the lights because a load of idiots had decided to run across the road at the lights, jumping the railings etc. By the time I'd seen the car in front, went up the arse, just your average collison at low speed, I learned more from that though than anything anyone could have told me. Truth is speed is only one factor in higher accident rates, it's about awareness, anticipation, stopping distance, people don't learn this from getting fines and points, that's the issue I have. I suppose they have speeding courses for that reason.

Since when do we need people telling us how to raise our children or look after our pets?
Looking at the anti-social behaviour of some of today's children there is a need for some parents to be told how to bring up their children.

There is a need for some parents to be told how to bring up their children.
I've just been reading a thread on another forum about the relatively recent phenomenon of badly-behaved children being allowed to run riot in restaurants.
One suggestion was that there should be compulsory parenting classes before people are allowed to have children. I don't know how that could work, though, unless attendance would qualify them for child benefits (and non-attendance the opposite, of course).
Personally, I'd like to see more restaurants for adults only - no children.

Likewise. My old lady can't stand them, hates the noise and the crashing about, it basically destoys the peace for everyone around and some parents seem to encourage them to do it, laughing and joking when the kid throws a hissie fit ****ing juice everywhere for some poorly paid waiter to clean up. Or there's the kid screaming at the top of it's lungs and the parent giving it praise and attention for it. It's definately a cultural thing, we have terrible discipline in this country, in schools, at home, no respect for authority, it doesn't have to go backwards to the 1940's where the kid got smacked up with a belt, but there's a happy medium to be had. Ever watch a chinese or japenese kid in a restaurant, it won't make a sound, really astonishing difference in the cultures.

Sponsored Links
Back