Is my Karcher totalled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was using my Karcher at the weekend and the pressure at the nozzle suddenly dropped.

I let go of the trigger and the motor carried on running and there was water coming out of the back of the unit.

So basically when I turn the unit on the motor runs continuously whether I have the trigger pressed or not, there is water gushing out of the back of the unit but there still seems to be some pressure at the nozzle.

Does anyone know if this is fatal?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
More than likely the pressure head has a crack in it now, but its worth taking the thing apart to see if its just a lance connection problem. Whether the repair will be economical though is another issue! John :)

Pressure washers are probably the most troublesome of all tools. Best bet is to dump it.

Domestic pressure washers are only good for about 100 hours use,
if you want greater reliability, then unfortunately you have to spend quite a lot of money.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
my mum had 1 and i totaled it within 2 hrs,the bl00dy thing over heated.
ive got a wickes own version which ive had for about 6 years and its still going and its had abuse.

how long have you had it?maybe a polite email to karcher to see if they can shed any light on the problem,you could also say how upset you are that the thing has let you down and you will never buy there brand again :LOL:
who knows it might work. :D

That got me some new socks once :cool:

Not from Karcher though :confused:

Id whip the cover off, might be a loose connection of split pipe if you are lucky.

More than likely the pressure head has a crack in it now, but its worth taking the thing apart to see if its just a lance connection problem. Whether the repair will be economical though is another issue! John :)

The better Karchers have cast iron bodies that do not crack where as many cheaper machines have plastic ones that are prone to cracking.

Any Karcher with a model number starting with k5 or higher is worthwhile buying but not the rest.

Karcher do make good products but often the ones in the DIY sheds are the crappy k2 or K3 models.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back