Is there a Level 1 2330 course?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a Level 1 2330 course or is there a pre-requisite to the C&G Level 2 course?

Hope that makes sense. :)

Sponsored Links
Hey, Newboy. You get 2330 Level 1 if you can spell your own name... :LOL:

More seriously, college entry to the first year (that gets you 2330 level 2) is something like 4 GCSE's at D or a relevant vocational qualification at level 1. In addition, students should have at least a level 1 competence level in Maths. (excuse the pun, addition - maths - geddit??)

The various levels are the National Vocational Qualification gradings.
NVQ levels 1 - 5
Its very tiresome but you can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Vocational_Qualification

Try and stay awake while you read it...

Sponsored Links
When I was teaching, i defined Level 1 in a whole LEA training day as

"The ability to breath and walk unaided and to communicate by grunting"

You can clearly type which means you have achieved at least Level 1a.

Congratulations you can now apply for 2330 :D

Kung Foo Panda
He was level 0 there was no level 0 before he started at school.
The levels refer to difficulty but not quantity so since some courses teach more than others sometimes the number does not seem to make sense.
School leaving min qualification level 1
"O" level is now level 2
"A" level is now level 3
ONC is now level 4
HNC or Foundation Degree level 5
Hon Degree level 6
Master degree level 7
Doctorate level 8
At least I think that's it.
Over level 3 is called Higher Education.

Newboy 1996,
If your intending to take your 2330,
Level 1 does not really exist a little like Kung Fu Panda (sorry guys he's no Santa Claus) :D
Your may have to cover some menial academic skills as a year 1 apprentice, but generally if your not going down the apprentice way, you'll sit what i'd call an entrance exam/numpty test.
or prove academic skills by previous qualification achieved, you skill may be asked to sit a test of some kind depending how popular the courses are in your area.
Hope this helps

Thanks for all those replies.
The college in question is wanting to do a part-time years course in "Introduction to becoming an Electrician".
Guess introduction could be very extensive of just general waffle! But as it stands I have installed equipment in domestic dwellings on more than one occasion and some very limited quals for this.
I have not sound knowledge of "how electricity actually works" and 3-phase systems etc etc. But I thought this would all come with the Level 2 C&G.

Newboy;
likely to be a very basic course by the sounds of what you have mentioned and could be a good introduction for someone looking to take up a trade but with no experience or knowledge at all.
I'd give it a miss and go straight to level 2.
I think you'd be wasting a year by going on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back