Is there a maximum time with leaving sludge remover

I'm seeking information on descaling a heatbank (see my post today) would X400 be any good for this.
Thanks Amy

Sponsored Links
Timber, administer the chemical X400 into your heating system approx 4 weeks before you intend to carry out the work, this will ensure you get the full benfits of the chemical. Any residue of the chemical X400 left in the system after work will not be detrimental and also not be of any long term benefit.

Who said anything about X400? Sentinel make other desludging chemicals!

agreed, but the X400 bottle is the only one with sludge remover written on it in bold blue text.

I assumed the OP was refering to X400, and I apologise if in-correct

Sponsored Links
Who said anything about X400? Sentinel make other desludging chemicals!

I have bought some Sentinel sludge remover

Hmmmm ...i wonder if it could be the one that says "sludge remover" on it ;)

x400Btl_adj.jpg

X100.jpg

X200Btlt_adj.jpg

X300Btl_adj.jpg

x500Btl_adj.jpg

x800-onwhite.jpg

depremover.jpg

LeakSealer_adj.jpg

ps...i took me ages to do that lot so just accept it and move on. :LOL:

Thanks guys for the replies, I'll give it a try soon but first I'm trying to get the boiler fixed as it broke down yesterday :(
(pilot light keeps going out when I take my finger off the gas valve button)
Any ideas?

Thanks guys for the replies, I'll give it a try soon but first I'm trying to get the boiler fixed as it broke down yesterday :(
(pilot light keeps going out when I take my finger off the gas valve button)
Any ideas?

Ive had the same problem on my boiler before, had new thermocouple, made no difference. Ended up with a new gas valve (not very cheap).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back