Is this a pressure relief valve?

rec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Mega Flow system and today I noticed a small brass valve at the top of a warm pipe that appears to have been leaking. It's currently dry and there's no sign of any real damage but the staining would indicate it's been like this for a while. Is this normal? And should the valve be tightened up or left a little loose?

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_qEKHTZ4FrOdnF6UU1RZFE2RXc/view?usp=drivesdk

Sponsored Links
No it's an automatic air valve ( Aav )also should be left loose but it will probs leak if you do that , requires a replacement

• Thanks
Reactions: rec
Its an Automatic Air Vent. They have a limited life as they get crudded up and fail. I changed 2 yesterday for my neighbour on his heating system.
You may need a certificated plumber to work on you Megaflow. Others on here will tell you.

• Thanks
Reactions: rec
Thanks very much. Is there any danger of a serious leak from these? Might take a few days to get someone out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back