is this bad practice???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

just looking into changing our monobloc tap in the kitchen and found that the hot water copper pipe leading from the tap has a t piece connection welded into it that goes towards the dishwasher. can someone tell me if this is the correct way for installation as i want to contact the house builder, because this has now made the job very difficult for me to do by myself.

219000_218783_78003_93467552_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
No. To me, bad practice. Make difficult if you want to replace taps.
Also it should have isovalve on pipes to taps.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
house is just coming up to 7 years old, just wanted to check if there was any regulations for this installation as ive checked with 2 of my neighbours and they are both installed different to mine??

Would have been nice to see isolation valves going to the tap, although they're not a requirement so there's nowt wrong with it. It's not that hard to do, I could change your tap in an hour including drinking that nice cup of tea you'd made me ;) :D

In that case looks pretty sh it! Only 7 years old? No s/valves all green on the copper! Never mind. Your best bet is to get a lovely plumber in to sort it out :D

muggles";p="3119221 said:
And isolation valves are supposed to be there according to regs

Are they? Where does it say that then? AFAIK it's just good practise, they're only required on ball valves[/quote

I don't know regulations off the top of my head, your probably right.

All I know is how to do it right iso valves everywhere nearly, you should be able to isolate each appliance for servicing or.... changing a tap say......

Why only ball valves then?

It might look difficult to you, but that is what a plumber deals with and charges for. Life is not all push fit and Lego.

srhawksy";p="3119296 said:
And isolation valves are supposed to be there according to regs

Are they? Where does it say that then? AFAIK it's just good practise, they're only required on ball valves[/quote

I don't know regulations off the top of my head, your probably right.

All I know is how to do it right iso valves everywhere nearly, you should be able to isolate each appliance for servicing or.... changing a tap say......

Why only ball valves then?

I think it's mandatory on ball valves because they're more prone to leaking and can't be stopped once they start - you can usually turn a tap off a bit tighter unless its a ceramic disc type, but ball valves will go on running once they fail with no way of doing a temporary fix on them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back