Is this pasterbaord damaged and need replacing?

I think you will start to get black mould coming through the grout lines in the near future where water has got behind the tiles. Patch it up for now and you will have to suck it and see, could all be fine on the other hand.

Sponsored Links
Ignore the plaster board you can see, its fine. Looking at the original close up pics, I still reckon what's behind those tiles is fecked & what you see is just the 1/3 tip of the iceberg. Filling repairs on what you can see are only going to give you a breathing space, what's festering behind there is still going to carry on & if it doesn’t smell already, it certainly will do at some point.

Sounds promising... so how do I go about patching it up?
You might as well try joe’s car body filler, it'll probably last longer than plaster/filler if you can get it to stick.

I'm more than happy to try filler but there is nothing to fill. There are no holes, just missing paint and exposed plasterboard.
Admittedly I need to sort out the little patch of mould or is it mildew?

I think you will start to get black mould coming through the grout lines in the near future where water has got behind the tiles. Patch it up for now and you will have to suck it and see, could all be fine on the other hand.

I'm hoping it's OK as I think the damage is more steam based as water doesn't seem to hit that area but I could be seriously wrong!

i need a new pair of glasses i could have sworn that was a hole if all you have is missing paint and the boards are sound just scrape back the loose paint then apply easifill over damaged area and rub down till it is level with the paint then repaint

Sponsored Links
I'm more than happy to try filler but there is nothing to fill. There are no holes, just missing paint and exposed plasterboard.

So is that not block work I can see; I thought it was plasterboard dot & dabbed over blocks :?:

Perhaps I need to borrow Steve’s new glasses :confused:

Looks like dot-dab over blockwork to me.
Easi fill or one coat to patch.

Why use car filler? :confused:

i need a new pair of glasses i could have sworn that was a hole if all you have is missing paint and the boards are sound just scrape back the loose paint then apply easifill over damaged area and rub down till it is level with the paint then repaint

No, it's not a hole.

Sounds like a plan... cheers!

It's waterproof. When all else fails it's the best bet. It's impervious to water and takes paint well. That's why you don't use Easifill on your car - it isn't tough or waterproof. I use it for a thousand jobs around the house. Best kept secret in DIY. If you don't want a good tip - then that's up to you.

It's waterproof. When all else fails it's the best bet. It's impervious to water and takes paint well. That's why you don't use Easifill on your car - it isn't tough or waterproof. I use it for a thousand jobs around the house. Best kept secret in DIY. If you don't want a good tip - then that's up to you.

Sounds like a great tip actually know you have explained... any particular filler you would recommend?

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back