Is this plumbing charge fair - advice/help needed??

if i wasn't able to diagnose through lack of knowledge then no I wouldn't charge in that instant, I would however charge if i had diagnosed and you went elsewhere to get job done.[/quote]

I agree with you. I am not sure if the company will drop the charge and if not what to do about it. I don't want to make a huge fuss - I just want my hot water fixed which is why I called them!

Sponsored Links
give them a £10 fuel thats it. out of good will.

you should name & shame. hope its no one i know. LOL

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with the plumbing problem per se more to do with you having a contract with the company who are charging you for advice.

Crux of the matter is,

A) Did they inform you of their charges for calling to your home?

&

B) Did you accept their terms before they came?

If yes to both questions then you owe them money ,simple as that.

Having said all of that I wouldn't give them a bean. I would let them take me to court for the money but they won't.

I wouldn't if I were them ,not for £75,simply not worth the hassle but you do run the risk of an irate plumber turning up at your door demanding his money.

Do you need the hassle?

Tony.
Spot on :cool: ; unless they told you there would be a call out charge before they turned up or it's in the advert you got their phone number from, you owe them nothing. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back