is underfloor heating really worth it?

BS3036 - a modern well insulated house with effective heating and condensing boiler will produce less C02 than open coal fires chucking 50% of their heat straight up the chimney.

Dont believe you have to forego modern creature comforts and return to the 1950's to save the world. The fact that there has been no global temperature change for over ten years must be ignored and not questioned, just pay the extra taxes.

Sponsored Links
BS3036 - a modern well insulated house with effective heating and condensing boiler will produce less C02 than open coal fires chucking 50% of their heat straight up the chimney.

Dont believe you have to forego modern creature comforts and return to the 1950's to save the world. The fact that there has been no global temperature change for over ten years must be ignored and not questioned, just pay the extra taxes.

Partly right, as in a modern well-insulated house will produce less CO2.

Wrong as in there *has* been an increase in the Global Mean Surface Temperature over the past 10 years. The GMST is the best method of recording changes and the one that climate scientists use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrumental_temperature_record

Plenty of other sites with much the same data if you don't trust Wikipedia.

Still... always good for a heated discussion, isn't it?

Sponsored Links
And the GMST is altered and published by GISS, the trend has been down, not up, and thats after they played with the data!

And the GMST is altered and published by GISS, the trend has been down, not up, and thats after they played with the data!

Show me the evidence for this - by evidence, I mean from a published, peer reviewed scientific source.

I've seen the data from several sources and the GMST is rising. You may see short term falls in the data as you will with any data with sufficient granularity but the overall trend is up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back