IS YOUR TOWN TURNING INTO A LITTLE BANGLEDASH OR KIEV

So which town is overrun with Ukranians then? Did they join the E.C. while I was asleep?

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
I knew someone once who use to cook chicken Stalingrad.

"A bit like chicken Kiev", he used to say, "but with more of a feel of military disaster about it".

No doubt served after a bowl of Jena soup.

hermes said:
Brightness said:
What's it like in Kiev? Is it hot or cold? I'd imagine it'd be a bit on the cold side for me :(

minus 10 in november.

Stuff that then! I can't wait for 'summer' to happen :rolleyes: I mean, the official summertime has arrived but what happened to the sun?
Yesterday I went out the garden in a t shirt to play with the dogs. Today it was fleece and boots :cry:

Brightness said:
hermes said:
Brightness said:
What's it like in Kiev? Is it hot or cold? I'd imagine it'd be a bit on the cold side for me :(

minus 10 in november.

Stuff that then! I can't wait for 'summer' to happen :rolleyes: I mean, the official summertime has arrived but what happened to the sun?
Yesterday I went out the garden in a t shirt to play with the dogs. Today it was fleece and boots

wow Brighty you are really spoiling those dogs, dont they breed them tough in your area :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Slogger, there are certain areas within Manchester where the ethnic groups of it's residents are predominently from the Pakistani or India communities.........in a couple of places that immediately spring to mind - almost all of the shops and services there are either Pakistani or India as are the people who go there........from this aspect I would say that the streets within theses areas would resemble a small Indian or Pakistani town.

Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same for the weather though! ;) :LOL:

The grass is certainly greener and more lush in Banagladesh...they are all over here treading on ours!! :evil:

Sorry..old joke..just slung in for the hell of it..

Ghetto culture is dangerous though..and should be avoided if we are to go down the multi cultural route.

We are certainly better off with the bigger choice of menu...50 years ago it was fish and chips...or...fish an chips for a takeaway.

Zampa said:

We are certainly better off with the bigger choice of menu...50 years ago it was fish and chips...or...fish an chips for a takeaway.

Glad it's not like that any more. I'm not a lover of fish and chips but I love anything 'foreign'. When I go to the chippy they are so tight with their portions too - probably because they know that 2 large portions are going to be split up between the family :LOL:

However, when I go to the local Indian I go in, have a nice chat with the guys who own it. An offer of a free drink whilst I wait and they always give me extra poppadums or a bigger naan bread without me asking and when we went there for a sit down meal a few weeks back, my youngest was undecided as to what to have out of two meals. When his meal came, they also brought him a 'taster' portion of the other meal too.

Can't fault the service at all, certainly don't get that in the local chippy - it'd be a miracle if they could crack a smile... :rolleyes:

You havn't mentioned kilburn and the irish slogger??

A couple of years ago, I had the good fortune to go to Mumbai in order to facilitate the loss of another 500 UK jobs. Whilst there I sampled genuine India fare. I guess you may think, ahh the real McCoy, genuine Indian food, however at the risk of being called a philistine, westernised curry's much nicer!!

Oh, sorry back to the original point of the thread, where I live is a bastion of the WASP. There are no ethnic minorities at all who live here. I don't think that a good thing, as I guess we could be classed as a Ghetto. That said, when we took the kids to London, they didn't batt an eyelid when exposed to the multicultural melting pot. All they commented on was how dirty the place was!!

Eddie M said:
I sampled genuine India fare. I guess you may think, ahh the real McCoy, genuine Indian food, however at the risk of being called a philistine, westernised curry's much nicer!!

!

My experience differs. I was working in the house of an Indian couple for a few days. On the first day the lady asked me if I would like to eat with her and her pre-school age son, and I must say that the food she cooked was better than any I have had in any Indian restaurant, before or since. The little boy was fascinated that I was using a knife and fork, I don't think he had seen it done before, so he had a go with the cutlery while his mum and I used our hands, but he and I both preferred our own ways.

hermes said:
Eddie M said:
I sampled genuine India fare. I guess you may think, ahh the real McCoy, genuine Indian food, however at the risk of being called a philistine, westernised curry's much nicer!!

!

My experience differs. I was working in the house of an Indian couple for a few days. On the first day the lady asked me if I would like to eat with her and her pre-school age son, and I must say that the food she cooked was better than any I have had in any Indian restaurant, before or since. The little boy was fascinated that I was using a knife and fork, I don't think he had seen it done before, so he had a go with the cutlery while his mum and I used our hands, but he and I both preferred our own ways.

I like pollock but generally speaking its not a popular fish the taste abit bland maybe, anyways, we had an indian family staying next door and they having caught a load of pollock curried it on a BBQ, it was fantastic
what a great load of pollocks that turned out to be :LOL:

Richardp said:
I like pollock but generally speaking its not a popular fish the taste abit bland maybe, anyways, we had an indian family staying next door and they having caught a load of pollock curried it on a BBQ, it was fantastic

Talking Pollocks is obviously your speciality today RichardP, where did they catch these Pollocks, I used to fish for them at Minehead and never caught a thing

pickles said:
Richardp said:

Talking Pollocks is obviously your speciality today RichardP, where did they catch these Pollocks, I used to fish for them at Minehead and never caught a thing
what do you mean "today" :LOL:

pickles said:
where did they catch these Pollocks, I used to fish for them at Minehead and never caught a thing

Catching Pollack is easy, just go to Cornwall and try to catch mackarel and if you're as skilled as I am you will end up with a bucket of pollack and a gurnard instead.

Sponsored Links
Back