Islamic schools

Talking of The Religion Of Peace, I saw the most bizzare thing for a long time on last night's news. With Gaza being bombed by The Israelis, the Palestinians are scared to go into their homes and especially mosques.

Unbelieveably, they had taken refuge in a Christian church (Greek Orthodox, I think). These people who normally kill Christians and destroy their churches in R O P countries, are now using them for sanctuary. Couldn't believe all of these women covered in tarps, sheltering inside the church under a large cross on the wall.

Just about sums up them and their religion.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
told yer, this religion crud is an excuse, they are savages with 2000 yr tribal hatreds. Trouble is western technology has allowed them access to fresh fields . My England

It is a bit odd really. Millions of British don't like, want, need Islam here. Can't say it too loud though. Biggest nellie in any room ever.

Is that what Mod 11 is ticking us off about, do you think? I'm sure the 'M' word has been discussed many times before on here.

My bad. Probably not.

Trouble is western technology has allowed them access to fresh fields . My England

That's beautiful. Could have written it myself. Just needs Jerusalem playing in the background. ;)

Seriously - the history books will record how we screwed ourselves. Until everything is re-written and airbrushed, by order.

Sponsored Links
Trouble is western technology has allowed them access to fresh fields . My England

That's beautiful. Could have written it myself. Just needs Jerusalem playing in the background. ;)

Seriously - the history books will record how we screwed ourselves. Until everything is re-written and airbrushed, by order.

We certainly have. Of course, when I say 'we', I mean our incomparable politicians.

Firstly buddy, let's be a little respectful at least "this so called religion" is a religion; so don't be that guy.

Secondly, there are British / Christian schools in some Arab countries e.g. St. Christopher's School in Bahrain, so if we are able to have those abroad then surely it is only fair that we have them here.

Having said that, you're right in that they can be used for dark purposes, and if there is suspicion of anything negative going on there there should be a proper inquest; and if anything is found the school should be shut. Simple as.

There is nothing wrong with other cultures and religions being in the UK, but there has to be a way to prevent and weed out any elements (which are very small) from ruining the reputation of the others, and endangering the lives of everyone (irrelevant of their place of birth, religion or culture)

Finally, the statement that they are destroying our culture is foolish. Culture is always changing and will be influenced by those around us, in the same way that theirs will be and have been influenced by ours. All we can do is ensure that our culture changes for the better, and that is on all of us.

..... weed out any elements (which are very small) from ruining the reputation of the others

The problem is the subversive minority,may be "small" in relative terms, but are much larger in relation to other cultures / races / religions which in the main peacefully going about their way.

The small minority also seem to weld a great deal of influence and power, and even when they do get found out, the larger majority keep quiet and rarely say anything against them

let's be a little respectful at least "this so called religion" is a religion;
Why?

Why should it not be denounced as nonsense?

P.S. I do know the answer.

Just because you think it is nonsense doesn't change the fact that it fits the definition / criteria of a religion. Islam is worshipped by millions of people who are not violent or aggressive, and do not deserve to be subjected to your misguided anger.

Your anger and hate is utterly unhelpful and will only help to fuel and justify future atrocities. I get you're upset, but if you cannot gain perspective and realise that hate and anger is not the way to go then you are a lot closer to those who give Muslims as a whole a bad name than you think.

..... weed out any elements (which are very small) from ruining the reputation of the others

The problem is the subversive minority,may be "small" in relative terms, but are much larger in relation to other cultures / races / religions which in the main peacefully going about their way.

The small minority also seem to weld a great deal of influence and power, and even when they do get found out, the larger majority keep quiet and rarely say anything against them

I am uncertain if they are in fact more prevalent even in relation to other denominations, but they are certainly in the view of the media more and they actively seek their attention; either way I can see your point.

It would be difficult to weed them out, there is no doubt of that, and there is undoubtedly a reluctance from their communities to seek help; but this ought to spur us to win their confidence and show that our morals, freedoms and beliefs do not only apply to those who also hold them.

This is my view and even I find it hard to hold sometimes, but I believe it is the right way to go. The easiest thing to do is rarely the correct thing.

You have misunderstood.
I do not have hate and anger. I agree with what you say.

I just do not agree with the principle that other peoples' beliefs should be respected no matter how ludicrous.
Scientology, Mormonism, any other sect once accepted, David Icke etc.

What you seem to have missed in my P.S. is the reason for this acceptance.
Namely, that it would be necessary to denounce our own version of the fairy story and remove the control it gives authority over us/everyone.

You have misunderstood.
I do not have hate and anger. I agree with what you say.

I just do not agree with the principle that other peoples' beliefs should be respected no matter how ludicrous.
Scientology, Mormonism, any other sect once accepted, David Icke etc.

What you seem to have missed in my P.S. is the reason for this acceptance.
Namely, that it would be necessary to denounce our own version of the fairy story and remove the control it gives authority over us/everyone.

You're right I did misunderstand.

I agree with your sentiments entirely; an action not condoned in a particular culture - even when justified with religion - is unacceptable and should not be tolerated or respected.

I'm sorry for ranting at you dude; and for accusing you of being angry and hateful.

Sponsored Links
Back