Israel..wouldn't we do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Israeli military confirmed that its gunboats stationed off the 45km (28-mile) coastal strip had fired “towards” sites where Palestinian militants launch Qassam rockets into Israel, but they insisted that naval and aerial fire was not responsible and that its inquiry was instead focusing on land-based artillery batteries that fire daily from north and east of Gaza.

“We regret any harm caused to innocent civilians,” an Israeli Defence Forces spokesman said. “We are offering the Palestinians any help that we can, including providing assistance to reach Israeli hospitals.”

This is pretty typical of the stories you are showing me.
It is a mistake while trying to fire upon terrorist points.

The shooting of the Aid worker also seems like a mistake, this building which he was working from however, it says in the article, was a location armed militants were trying to get into.

I am not saying there are not mistakes, but mistakes are very different from deliberate attacks on civilians.

Yes Israel needs to sort out it's procedures and introduce more safeguards...but it is not comparable with deliberate targetting of civilians.

Sponsored Links
I am not saying there are not mistakes
But only on the Israeli side?

but mistakes are very different from deliberate attacks on civilians.
You mean like the civilians on boats in INTERNATIONAL waters?

Yes Israel needs to sort out it's procedures and introduce more safeguards
Lifting the blockade might be a start... ;)

If you want to start making silly comments like 'I am not spartacus' it is ridiculous to then start saying someone has lost it when they respond in a similar vein.
err, who said... I ...AM....NOT....ISRAEL before spartacus was mentioned?
numpty :LOL:

A large part of this is ad hominem fallacy, basically means you realised you can't really come up with a decent comeback
you havn't posted anything 'decent' right from page 1...

And lastly, no, the other ships were taken first. What is the back up to your claim that israel fired upon the last ship without provocation?

You KNOW that they attacked this ship first then?...What are you basing this 'fact' on? - Israeli accounts?

Do try to actually answer the comments made here and not seek to make up easier to answer ones like you have done for the last few posts,
Since you're the one who has side-stepped so many questions here, I'll treat that with the contempt it/you deserve! ;)

I said I am not israel because it was relevent to the thread. You were claiming that Israels views were my own and that I was being inconsistent by having a different opinion to israel. Hence the response I AM NOT ISRAEL.
Where was the need for you to mention spartacus?

And lastly, no, the other ships were taken first. What is the back up to your claim that israel fired upon the last ship without provocation?

You KNOW that they attacked this ship first then?...What are you basing this 'fact' on? - Israeli accounts?

This makes no sense.
..and no, it is not being disputed by either side that the troubles only started on the last ship to be boarded.

There has been no sidestepping on my part.

Heads up..

Another ship is heading for Gaza...

The Rachel Corrie, named after someone bulldozed by Israeli forces whilst trying to help Palestinians defend their homes..

I wonder how many will be butchered this time?

Sponsored Links
This thread is fast becoming a Crisis of intractable beliefs all of its own :oops: :confused: :confused:

I am not saying there are not mistakes
But only on the Israeli side?

but mistakes are very different from deliberate attacks on civilians.
You mean like the civilians on boats in INTERNATIONAL waters?

Yes Israel needs to sort out it's procedures and introduce more safeguards
Lifting the blockade might be a start... ;)

Are you trying to claim that attacks on Israeli civilians using rockets fired into urban areas and bombs are 'mistakes'?

...again this international waters issue, isn't an issue. They were attempting to break a blockade. they were stopped. If our nations ships parked in international waters off the cost of a country and started shelling them, should we be immune from the reaction of that country because it was done in international waters??
I know there is a big jump from breaking a blockade to shelling, but the principle is the same.

You do not try and defy a blockade and not expect any response. The response according to many sources was the peaceful boarding and redirecting of all the ships, apart from one which had extreme hardliners on it that attacked the israeli forces.

The blockade will stay as long as it is needed to protect the innocent civilians of Israel.

Heads up..

The Rachel Corrie, named after someone bulldozed by Israeli forces whilst trying to help Palestinians defend their homes..

Sailing from the "Turkish" port of Famagusta is it? ;)

I said I am not israel because it was relevent to the thread.
No it wasn't...it's fairly obvious that you 'aren't Israel'... ;)

But you appear to assume that everyone that 'is Israel' holds the same view by that stupid statement...

Where was the need for you to mention spartacus?
Where's the need to be a terrorist apologist?

This makes no sense.
..and no, it is not being disputed by either side that the troubles only started on the last ship to be boarded.
Link?

Here's one I've found.. Linky

Mr Nowarah: "On Saturday evening we were approached by Israeli warships. At that point the managers of the mission started to consider how to protect the ships.

"They were communicating with our captains, through the radios, warning us to turn back.

"We never replied to them at some points, at others we explained to them we were in international waters and were not attacking Israel."

Mr Nowarah, a British citizen originally from Ramallah, was on the Turkish ship, the Mavi Marmara, but moved to another one before the Israeli troops landed.

He said the first sign of violence he saw was in the early hours of Monday morning.

"As we finished our prayers all we could hear were people screaming, we looked at the Marmara ship and saw the Israeli helicopters dropping soldiers," he said.

So everyone agrees eh?

Edit: Oh lookee.. Another report

Kutlu Tiryaki was a captain of another vessel in the flotilla. "We continuously told them we did not have weapons, we came here to bring humanitarian help and not to fight," he said.

"The attack on the Mavi Marmara came in an instant: they attacked it with 12 or 13 attack boats and also with commandos from helicopters. We heard the gunshots over our portable radio handsets, which we used to communicate with the Mavi Marmara, because our ship communication system was disrupted. There were three or four helicopters also used in the attack. We were told by Mavi Marmara their crew and civilians were being shot at and windows and doors were being broken by Israelis."

Doesn't quite tally does it - so please link to your 'undisputed' facts... ;)

Heads up..

The real question is what is the mentality of the ships occupants who are still trying to break the blockade after seeing that attempts to break it are futile, instead of off loading their goods to be taken to Gaza by internationally agreed aid routes.

The real question is what is the mentality of the ships occupants who are still trying to break the blockade after seeing that attempts to break it are futile, instead of off loading their goods to be taken to Gaza by internationally agreed aid routes.
I think the mentality in question here is yours... ;)

And given that Egypt has now lifted it's blockade, hardly futile!

When are you going to get anything right?...

still waiting for your 'undisputed' link...

;)

Heads up..

Sailing from the "Turkish" port of Famagusta is it? ;)
Malta actually...

:LOL: Nicely side stepped. I Though it might be leaving the same port that the flotilla had sailed from.

:LOL: Nicely side stepped. I Though it might be leaving the same port that the flotilla had sailed from.
Not side stepped at all...Report said it has left Malta that's all. Maybe it was with the flotilla originally, and maybe it had the same 'strange' coincidental mechanical failure as two of the other ships...

But your point is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back