Issue with Devi underfloor heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just moved to a modern flat that has Devi undefloor heating throughout all the rooms. The heating elements are build into the concrete floors (not visible even when carpets and underlays are removed).

On the electric board, there is a Devi 710 system with several adjustment dials (night, day, maximum temperature etc). I understand this is supposed to trigger some storage heating during off-peak hours. However, the green light stays on, and the red light is always flashing, even during the night (off-peak hours). I believe the green light is supposed to turn red when heating up.

In the bedroom, there is a wall switch and a Devireg 550 thermostat, that seem to be configured properly. The wall thermostat was replaced a year ago.
However, the room gets really warm during the nights (about 24C, carpet much warmer), ignoring the wall thermostat limit (19C). The wall switch gets really hot.

In the living room, there are another two wall switches and one Devireg 550 thermostat, also apparently configured properly (clock, days, time etc). When set in manual mode with a high temperature, the floor never gets hot. The wall swiches stay cold.

In the bathroom (tiles), there is no switch or thermostat. No switch outside the room either. Floor never heats up, although I am sure there is underfloor heating. I guess this is supposed to be controlled by the Devi 710.

It's all strange! I don't understand also what is supposed to control the heat between the Devi 710 on the electric board and the room thermostats.

Any ideas? How do I find a good electrician with expertise on Devi components in my area?

Thanks,
Tom

Sponsored Links
I'm not an expert on Devi electric heating but they do have a good web site(Google Devi) and you can download a trouble shooting guide which may help you in making a descision.

Thanks, I went through the troubleshooting guide and all the documentation, but this does not really help.

I don't understand the set-up, between the 710 and the 550s, the wall switches etc.

I think I need to get an electrician in, but can't find a list of approved ones on the devi website.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back