It’s stunning!

It's funny how most ALF members think nothing of inflicting pain and suffering on people that they accuse of having done the same to animals. Makes you wonder just what their motivation really is.

But going back to the initial point, when you see chickens hung upside down on a conveyor rack, being dipped into an electrical bath to stun them, I'm not sure how humanitarian that is either.

Sponsored Links
I have worked in a chicken processing plant and some of the birds would hold their heads up avoiding the electrified stunning plate, but it didn’t stop them from being killed.

When the plant stopped for lunch and things went quiet the escapees would come in and peck at any body parts lying about.

I presume that these strays would be rounded up at some stage.

I was glad when my project was completed.

It's funny how most ALF members think nothing of inflicting pain and suffering on people that they accuse of having done the same to animals. Makes you wonder just what their motivation really is.

But going back to the initial point, when you see chickens hung upside down on a conveyor rack, being dipped into an electrical bath to stun them, I'm not sure how humanitarian that is either.

I think it's called direct action and some deserve it, it's the only way they'd understand their depravity got no problem with that. No problem with Alfs deterrent methods. At least the objects of their attention have the opportunity of removing themselves from being a target ........If you were to read the book I've mentioned you'd be sending off your ALF me bership application if you didn't I'd suspect you may have mental health issues.

I wonder how many ALF members are the recipients of medicines , drugs and surgical procedures that have been tested on animals ???

Sponsored Links
I wonder how many ALF members are the recipients of medicines , drugs and surgical procedures that have been tested on animals ???
Sadly there's not been much of an alternative, despite being proven to be pretty useless using animals. There's a fair bit of funding to use other methods now, human volunteers, in vitro etc. Hopefully one day there will be no more animal testing but the prob is convincing the whole world. For example China refuses to import any products, ie, beauty that haven't been tested, leading to other companies going backwards and testing again (or with some, for the first time). All down to money..

Have a look at that vid I've just posted in the johnd response thread blighty. Some lovely poetic justice there.
Most excellent, thanks! I do like those types of stories, like the bullfighter who died this year. Serves em bloomin well right! :)
I totally agree ......those small spears that they stick in to the bulls necks cut the tendons that's why their heads hang down a little ....They can't defend themselves properly after that ........EU allows that 5hIt glad we're out of it.

Sadly there's not been much of an alternative, despite being proven to be pretty useless using animals. There's a fair bit of funding to use other methods now, human volunteers, in vitro etc. Hopefully one day there will be no more animal testing but the prob is convincing the whole world. For example China refuses to import any products, ie, beauty that haven't been tested, leading to other companies going backwards and testing again (or with some, for the first time). All down to money..
Your quite right remember Thalidomide ? Tested on animals. Now they can grow cultures to test things no need for animals at all and results on animals don't mean it's safe at all for humans. Chocolate can kill a dog.

Absolutely Gasb. No need for it.
Chocolate can kill a dog.
Certainly can... I'd volunteer to be a choc taster tho, win-win. Dogs live and I get happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back