It is a gas related question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No not member CC or GS but currently in training.

This is a subject concerning my own Valor Harmony Homeflame gas fire.

Just of recently the fire has not been allowing the fire to burn after ignition.
On ignition the pilot light ignites, then would normally hold down for a few seconds, then increase heat via sliding control. But now once ignited, when altering slider position the flame dies. I would normally think this to be a thermocouple problem. But I took the artificial coals out to see if any obstruction or cleaning needed, brushed of burner head. But no apparent signs of anything odd. Tried to light without feature coals in place and worked perfectly. Replaced coals and problem returned, checked coals where all positioned right, which they were. Removed coals and fire worked perfectly again, replaced coals and would not.
Any idea what this is about? [/u]

Sponsored Links
Clean the pilot out there is an air hole at back of tube pilot flame comes out of that partially blocks with fluff etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back