It's not often one can agree with Michael O'Leary, but...

Sponsored Links
We’d be welcomed back in due course, this time as part of the euro currency so some marginal politicians who milked the eu couldn't have another ego trip.

Blup

It will become an irrelevant issue soon. Power is moving away from Europe.

Brexit will gradually ease in to normality and there will be easing of barriers that cause issue for both sides.

Sponsored Links
If that were true then it’s better than reality.

China, Asia, Middle East and even Russia.

And this European somewhere is a rather nice place to be than most of the rest of the world, all things considered and in my honest opinion.

True. Economically, industrially and militarily, UK is a spent force and a wasted, addled skeleton of it's former colossus self that once proudly bestrode The World.

Personally, for all it's faults, I'd rather be in The States. Despite everything it still has a lot going for it. Very unlikely, so Europe/EU is next best. I hope I'm wrong, but Plague Island trying to navigate it's own way with the sort of low rent 'leaders' we have is going to be very hard going.

Yup, them Gerries are an insignificant bunch.

Lol.
Economic global powerhouse..

The DAX, the index of German blue-chips, dropped by 27% in the first nine months of last year, almost twice the fall in Britain's ftse 100 or America's s&p 500

Economic global powerhouse..

The DAX, the index of German blue-chips, dropped by 27% in the first nine months of last year, almost twice the fall in Britain's ftse 100 or America's s&p 500
They can afford those losses and still be a global powerhouse.
Impressive.

KWYM
But can you name a GOOD one? Anywhere will do.. Preferably alive, but, you know, not fussy......

None are perfect, in fact some of the most imperfect ones were the best leaders. I see very little leadership these days so have to look back. Off the top of my head: Reagan and Gorbachev - freedom and vastly improved lives for millions in former USSR states, Churchill - obvious, John Smith - unfotunately potential not realised.

Leader of yesteryear benefitted from having done something else before politics. Military is good preparation. Unfortunately these days we get carbon copy 'leaders', all college boys who did the same degrees and went straight into politics. Hence nothing to choose between them.

Or weasel Lawyers, with a chip on their shoulders. There are too many in politics. We need ordinary people who do ordinary jobs, or business leaders who achieved their own success, supported by a top class civil service. Where are the Peter Jones' Deborah Meadens etc.

Sponsored Links
Back