Ive just discovered something...

Maybe it's just me then, but I quite like ironing! I never used to do it in one go, I just hung stuff in the wardrobe straight out of the dryer and ironed it when I wanted to wear it, but now I do the whole lot in one go, just set up the ironing board and put a favourite CD on, or do it in front of a good telly programme, half an hour and you have the satisfaction of knowing everything you own looks great and ready to wear and you did it all yourself!

Sponsored Links
Yep me too i have done all my own ironing since age of about 14. Women just can`t do shirts or trousers right ( eh one crease women not take your pick of 3).
Like you did ninebob i still only iron it as i wear it. The mrs irons all her stuff and the kids puts it away and irons it again before wearing , really cant see the point

Boarding school and the army: no woman can meet the ironing skills that that scenario gives you. Unless it's a woman who also went to boarding school and then in the army, of course :D.

Maybe it's just me then, but I quite like ironing!
It isn't just you ninebob, but don't you have special abilities, i.e. ones that the majority of men don't have?

I hope you know that I mean it in the nicest possible way, but don't you also know how to choose a throw for the sofa, and aren't you able to see which colours 'don't go together'? ;)

Sponsored Links
It isn't just you ninebob, but don't you have special abilities, i.e. ones that the majority of men don't have?

I hope you know that I mean it in the nicest possible way, but don't you also know how to choose a throw for the sofa, and aren't you able to see which colours 'don't go together'? ;)
I don't have a clue what you're talking about! ;)

By the way, that shirt you're wearing today looks awful with those shoes.

I'd love to iron but I've not been inducted, nor have I had any official training. So I think there'll be a health and safety issue there.

I, still for the life of me cannot get ONE crease in a pair of trousers!

What is the secret? :rolleyes:

I, still for the life of me cannot get ONE crease in a pair of trousers!

What is the secret? :rolleyes:
This is seriously not a joke, or a refernece to Softus' earlier comment :))) but the secret is that you don't any more - having a crease in trousers is out, and has been for a few years!

Iron them flat. (it's easier too!) :D

Our very own QEFTSG ;) - you mean all those (single) creases I so lovingly craft into my Levis are no longer de rigeur?! My world is at an end...!

Sponsored Links
Back