jaguar 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[clor=red][/color]

Please please can anyone help me>I have a jaguar 28 boiler fault f1 is coming up and I have no heat or hot water, I recently had gloworm out as I had a flow obstruction and was told that my pipes (well not mine personally) needed descaling and I needed a new heat exchanger, I was told I needed to get the system power flushed before they would fit the heat exchanger but a temp repair was done. I have had a ring around and cant seem to find anyone local who can do the work for a reasonable price, how much should it cost to have a powerflush done, who can do it or should I just take a chance on getting the heat exchanger fitted despite the fact that it may invalidate my insurance if it stops working again

Sponsored Links
I would be looking at around £500 for a powerflush, but that is based on 8 radiators more would equal more £££ less would equal not much less £££

Are you/have you reset the overheat button , top left next to the combustion chamber?

If so it is overheating. If you are not having to then it points to ignition problems.

F1 is used for overheat and ignition failure on these.

Have you checked the pump is working ok and the plug is pushed home on it?

Round my way a powerflush starts at about £350 + VAT for 7 rads.

Sponsored Links
It seems that you have fallen into the trap of having insurance cover on a boiler which was fitted without cleaning the system. Dirt problems are not covered!

As the Jaguar is a budget price boiler they are always fitted on a budget and give dirt problems later.

We charge £136 to clean/replace the plate HE and for almost everyone thats all thats done if it has taken 2-3 years to get to that state. It will take at least the same time to reoccur.

Its not economic to have it power flushed if its only a little dirt.

Some people fit a magnetic filter to trap the dirt but that does need to be cleaned out every few months at first. Thats about £160 fitted.

Like everyone else we charge about £350 to power flush but in our case we include cleaning out the plate.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back