jetta 2010 cranks but doesnt start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there,i have a big problem with my jetta,most of the time recently(it started like 2 months ago)cranks but doesn't start,i took it to the mechanic and he replaced a relay that is under the cabin saying the already had an experience similar to mine and it was this relay,which it was so hot when he took it out,,well it worked for some days but it started doing the same thing once it was parked,,cranks but doesn't start,,he told me to buy some kind of motor starter to excite the motor and be able to start it,( for the mean time),it works but sometimes it takes more than once to start it,,here is some tip,,when its hot outside i feel that it makes it worse to the point that i can't start it,,but still cranks and no start,,i even spray this motor starter to the motor and no start,,somehow i feel that there is something under my car hood that gets hot or have a false contact that is making it not to start,,,has anyone ever had this problem???

Sponsored Links
I think you could use the expertise of an auto electric technician......any relay gets warm when it's energised (the coil inside warms) but it shouldn't be too hot to touch. Maybe you have a faulty fuel pump relay or similar.
As for a starter exciter, that's a new one on me but they are used in ship engines!
John :)

Aha the aerosol of the Devil :evil:
I suppose a capacitor could be called a motor exciter .......after all, it does tell the motor which way to spin :p
John :)

Sponsored Links
do vws still have the pats light on the drivers door?
if so what is this indicating when you try and start the car?

Diesel?

Might be taking in air while stopped
If you are using easy start change your mechanic. If you are using a booster pack for the battery ask him/her about air in the fuel line, if diesel.

Back