John Lewis JLWM1405 washing machine leaking from underneath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Thank you in advance for any advice.

My JL washing machine is leaking from underneath the machine. Currently its only a small trickle and seems to be unrelated to cycle or load.
I had the service engineer out last year whilst it was under warranty after it leaked a large amount of water to have a look. He said the machine can't leak from the underneath as there are no seal or points to leak from. He suggested it may be caused by a build up of detergent causing the detergent drawer to overflow.
After he visited it stopped leaking and now its resumed again. Sod's law its now out of warranty!
I have checked the door seal, the detergent drawer and the cold fill pipe all are in order with no signs of any leaking.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Cheers
Adam

Sponsored Links
only thing you can do is remove lid and use a torch or jack mc up on wood to see where it leaks from . it could leak from inlet valve pipe/ dispenser hose/ drum / gasket / seal/ presure pipe /outlet pipe, list goes on .

Rocks 1 thank you for your advice.

Sadly I was thinking it was going to be a complicated problem with a complicated solution. I will have a go.

But I fear I will need to reach for my wallet and get a service engineer out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back