Joing soil stack

Sorry I'm confusing the issue, look at the Marley web site

www.marleyplumbinganddrainage.com/literature/#soil

Under the heading
Product guides
Above ground drainage
PVCu soil & waste technical guide

Page 10

It shows that solvent and push fit can be used, but the main reason for push fit is to allow expansion in the pipe. So you could use the solvent fittings shown in same document, just allow for expansion movement.

Sponsored Links

If so how do I separate the joint easily? without pulling the bit in the ground out?
the easiest way for you is to cut the pipe then undo the pipe bracket,
get someone to hold the access pipe firmly and you twist the pipe upwards.

I need to shortened the section I am removing so even if I cut it down I will end up without a socket on the end so my coupling will be the wrong way.
the coupling will be ok

If so how do I separate the joint easily? without pulling the bit in the ground out?
the easiest way for you is to cut the pipe then undo the pipe bracket,
get someone to hold the access pipe firmly and you twist the pipe upwards.

I need to shortened the section I am removing so even if I cut it down I will end up without a socket on the end so my coupling will be the wrong way.
the coupling will be ok

This seems like my best option. So my FloPlast pipe will be ok into the coupling on the top of the access pipe? even though the manufacturers are likely different? It will seal again ok?

Just worried about pulling the old stuff out spending ages put in the new to find out it leaks on this joint.

Sponsored Links
110mm pipe should be a standard size across all manufacturers, i've never come across a problem mixing and matching. It's never guaranteed not to leak when reusing an old joint, but for the joint in your picture on the top of the access pipe then the water has got to come upwards. Unless drain blocks and stack fills with water it is unlikely to happen.

The rubber seals tend to 'mould' themselves to the size of the pipe, so reusing old joints may give a slightly looser fit than with a new joint, but as long as you chamfer the end of the new section adequately and lubricate the seal it should slide together without issue. (Failing to chamfer adequately or use lubricant can cause the seal to displace when the spigot end pushes past the rubber.)

As Jim has said, hold that access pipe firmly before trying to remove the pipe above. These can be a beggar to get apart and you risk pulling the access pipe out the joint below if you're not careful!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back