Joining the BG Club

maybe a London thing im not saying what you are saying is not true but I have never experianced it. I think it is a bit harsh to tar all BG engineers with the same brush. I firmly belive as do many of my work mates that the customers pay us alot of money and they deserve a good job, I do not tell lies or do hlaf jobs, and I give my customers the advise they pay for and thats all we are told to do and if a customer wants something done I do it as it should be done. Obviously the bloke that used that LSX was just a lazy bugger. I never feel pushed by targets!!

This is it rant over Im here to learn from this site and I do appreciate you guys know your stuff which is why Im here but it would be nice if us BG engineers were not all classed as useless.

Sponsored Links
dmitch071 said:
maybe a London thing im not saying what you are saying is not true but I have never experianced it. I think it is a bit harsh to tar all BG engineers with the same brush.

No problem I'll only tar all the SE London BG with the same brush. ;)

Although I did meet a very competent BG repairer a year ago (customer was taking BG to court over a lethal Powermax installation). He had been placed in an impossible position defending the indefensible. Felt sorry for him really. New his stuff inside out unlike his immoral manager who re-wrote the GIUSP and promptly turned an AR flue into NCS despite previous AR warning notices being issued by BG alongside LGSR indicating it was a safe installation :eek:

As I said London has been a massive recruiting area for Bg in the last few years and I would imagine a large proprtion of the engineers there are fairly inexperienced......makes you think about all the fast track corgi newbies with next to no training out there.

Difference is BG have the clout to spend millions persuding the public they are above board and competent and the public believe it. :(

The BG name should never have been allowed to continue and when the industry was broken up limits should have been placed on the size of new buisnesses, say no more than 100 ie start off on fairer basis.

Sponsored Links
well thanks every one for you comments, its clear that i may of opened a can of worms here!?

I`v worked as a gas fitter for 5 years, ran my own business for the last year, i can earn more working for myself, yes, but thats not why I`m going with BG. I see it as a wise career move, I`m sure some on this site will think not.

end off the post....please....are there other companies to slag off? sure there must be.

wahey, another BG hate fest......and im on holiday so im going to miss it :LOL:

and so many incorrect dodgers making things up as they go along too.....so many holes to pick and not enough euros to pay for the net rent :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back