British Gas assessment day ? paniv ?

kkr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps , first post and Im asking for help :( , I ve a BG asessment day coming up , I m looking to join them on the servicing front ..any advice or a heads up on whats involved would be greatly appreciated .

k

Sponsored Links
Polish up your sales skills - you`ll need them to "look after punter`s world" and keep to your targets :rolleyes:

If they test you with some theoretical breakdown questions, every response to the examiner must be ''you'll need a new part and a £700 power flush to get your ch working again.''

Remember my advice, and you will soon be part of 'their world.' ;)

Good luck.

One of the practical assessments is that they give you a bag of ice and your job is to sell it to an eskimo, If you do that then your in "their world"

Sponsored Links
Now Now boys anyone would think your trying to make out BG only want people that can sell things to their loyal clients and that fixing heating is not as important.

WELL YOU WOULD BE SPOT ON THERE

They sould be done for false advertising saying an engineer will call and should be re-phrased a salesman will call

Now Now boys anyone would think your trying to make out BG only want people that can sell things to their loyal clients and that fixing heating is not as important.

WELL YOU WOULD BE SPOT ON THERE

They sould be done for false advertising saying an engineer will call and should be re-phrased a salesman will call

You'll probably be shown a "bay" with a cooker boiler and a fire in it,you will have to do a tightness test,then perhaps a bit of comissioning,and may have to find a fault or two,that sort of thing,a few verbal questions while you are at it.
All pretty much basics,read up on basic ACS stuff,gas rating,ventilation,unsafe sits etc

Like someone said above, you'll be in a bay doing a few different bits and pieces - a basic service on an open flued and room sealed.
Also a written paper - sort of like the acs but not as strenuous.

On a side note - BG Is a big company, it has around 7000 engineers.
If you buy a box of eggs, they arn't all the same. You get a mixture of good and bad.
Seem to be picking on a lot of the bad.... Their are good out there
I'm not trying to stir it up or anything, just a little thought.

fair enough :) , thanks for the heads up ......had got the distinsct impression ..it was all sales orintated? whats the money like if you keep your nose clean and go 3 bags full ?

k

From what I see and what I`ve heard - around £30k a year and definitely home by 4.30 :rolleyes: BUT under pressure from know-nothing t*ssers one step up the line in management - so about right for the UK job situation in the 21st. century :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back