Jointing 10mm T and E cable

Hi all
Thanks for your responses and I can proceed confidently against current regs (and their clarification). Re 'co located' - I mean the 10mm joint connection box and CCU will be in close proximity but physically separate.

Sponsored Links
Slightly off topic but what cable should be used to connect a fitted oven to the switch / flex connection unit?

Should it just be twin & earth (6/10mm) or is there a special heavy duty flex available?

It 'should' be heat resistant flexible cable according to the manufacturer's instructions but to be honest it's nearly always T+E.

Slightly off topic but what cable should be used to connect a fitted oven to the switch / flex connection unit?

Should it just be twin & earth (6/10mm) or is there a special heavy duty flex available?

You should follow the manufactures instruction if possible, other than that, the safe option would be to work out the sizing by the demand of the appliance and use heat resistant flex.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your responses and I can proceed confidently against current regs (and their clarification). Re 'co located' - I mean the 10mm joint connection box and CCU will be in close proximity but physically separate.
Thanks for clarifying. Remember what PBoD said that, at present, since it is in a kitchen, the law would require you to notify the local authority about this work (and pay their substantial fees). On April 6th, this will cease to be the case in England, but I'm not sure about Wales.

Kind Regards, John

I don't think the OP is listening John, only hearing things they want to hear!
I'm not so sure in this case. I reminded him about the notification business since he seemed to be a person who was quite concerned about compliance with regs and laws. Indeed, if he wasn't, I doubt that he would even have bothered to ask the questions!

Kind Regards, John.

You know what John, I bet you, "that no RCD protection will be installed for extension of buried cable or provisions made to mechanically protected it.
And no notification will be made prior to this work starting".

Hi all
Many thanks for your advice and clarification re regs around this issue. Can now assure myself hob installation will be compliant with part P. Since cable will be in the safe zone, I will use plastic trunking for the cable.

Mike

You know what John, I bet you, "that no RCD protection will be installed for extension of buried cable or provisions made to mechanically protected it. And no notification will be made prior to this work starting".
You may,of course, be right. However, I suppose I'm probably a bit naive in giving people the benefit of the doubt - but, unlike so many others, this OP does not really seem to have written anything which necessarily suggests to me) that (s)he is "only hearing what they want to hear". I guess we'll probably never know!

Kind Regards, John

Many thanks for your advice and clarification re regs around this issue. Can now assure myself hob installation will be compliant with part P.
Provided the work is done competently and the circuit is RCD protected, then it should be compliant with part P. If the necessary notification is also made, it will also be compliant with the current law.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back