Joists In Loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im new to this site, thought i would start by saying i am very good at Diy in all aspects joinery, building, plumbing and electrical.

Ok i have had some plans drawn up by an architect for a loft conversion, these have been approved by my local authorities with the go ahead.

I am looking at converting my loft into habital rooms the architect has measured and checked everything and said no steelwork will be required to conform with regs etc.

So to cut a long story short i am wanting to know how to install flooring joists into the loft space?

Thanks Mike...

Sponsored Links
Depends how the SE has calculated it
Mine is doing it so the new joists sit on the old wall plates ( new joists will sit higher)
But his calc may have been using masonry to timber joist fixing using the wall in the loft
There is other ways
a quick word with the architect should confirm this

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately the architect i was using has now moved away from the area hence me coming on here and asking.
I have the plans can i work out which way he has planned on there?

What are the wallplates you are talking about? I am in a bungalow if that makes a difference?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't the drawings tell you how the floor is constructed, or do you mean how do you physically get the timber into the roofspace?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back