Loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, first time here...so hello again !

I am redoing a loft that has already got a dormer conversion. Redoing as there is about 5x10 feet space at the back of the roof that can still be extended into.

Building reg and planning are happy with it.

With the architect`s drawings we started. However, the drawings do not cover the entire 10 feet width - they stop at 7 feet. Its the architect`s fault. My foreman now says to do the extra 3 feet he needs £2,230 for materials and labour.

Scaffolding is up, and we are drawing out the floor joists with steels remaining in place. There is a bathroom ensuite in the loft already.

I think £2300 is far too dear for a small 3 feet extension - esp when 7 feet of it is already in progress. Can anyone comment on this ?
Its a 4 bedroom terraced house.

Sponsored Links
You waited a whole Saturday afternoon and nobody answered your question for free out of their own time.

Must be the wrong site, yes.

Out of all the helpful people on this site I had to get a sarcy monkeh like you.

Name gives it all away really. ..though not sure you are descended from primates. Amoeba is more likely.

Sponsored Links
Out of all the helpful people on this site I had to get a sarcy monkeh like you.

Name gives it all away really. ..though not sure you are descended from primates. Amoeba is more likely.

I'm very helpful where I can help. I am, however, not a builder.

Perhaps you should patiently wait for someone to come along and give you free advice instead of moaning?

No one ? Must be the wrong website :rolleyes:
I would have happily offered my opinion but I spent my morning and afternoon doing a survey buddy and have only now had the opportunity to log in. Next time I go on a survey I'll make sure I take my lappy with me and regularly keep a look out for new threads.

However the forum is now closed to obnoxious little turds. Please go away.

Nope. Hence why folks do DIY.

But you could get him to do the gable end three feet back and you do the infill yourself. :D

No one ? Must be the wrong website :rolleyes:
I would have happily offered my opinion but I spent my morning and afternoon doing a survey buddy and have only now had the opportunity to log in. Next time I go on a survey I'll make sure I take my lappy with me and regularly keep a look out for new threads.

However the forum is now closed to obnoxious little turds. Please go away.

You know - winning an argument in an online forum is like winning the paralympics - at then end of it you are still a ******.
You just reinforced my general opinion of builders. Its the reason why peope do DIY.
All I did was express mild dissappointment at the lack of response. For that I get all of the above.
It`s you my friend - who is the filth of human excrement. Now get out your intellectual wheelchair and go rip someone else off, you degenerate moron.

blah blah blah
Yes well done for googling witty retorts for forums and I'm no builder. Furthermore we all know you're not really happy with hazetimesfive's uniformed answer either, still, if it made you feel good to lets us think the rest of us were being unreasonable. You'll be back in a couple of weeks under a different username now that you've made yourself look like a cock. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back