kamco-powerflush-vented

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been reading about Kamco cleaner and powerflushing on a vented system, it says that the system has to be sealed ie plugging the feed and exp. pipes. what would happen to any pressure or is it just using cold water for the flush.
I am going from a vented to a sealed system so is it just a case of cutting the redundant f&e pipes and capping them before doing the powerflush?

Sponsored Links
You do need to cap the open pipes. There is no "pressure" generated by the Powerflush.

However I always used Kamco chemicals, which can be used cold. When going from Gravity HW to FP and/or sealed, always did the conversion, then disconnected the boiler at the F&R, using compression fittings. That is where I then connected the unit.

Thanks Fireman but not sure what u mean when u say ,disconnect boiler at F&E,??

As FiremanT may be busy putting out a blaze , I will take the liberty of pointing out its the F&R he refers to not the f&e. ( Flow and Return pipes at the boiler).regards terry.

Sponsored Links
Exactamundo Terence :)

@rhinosaw do the swap over then flush at boiler primaries (flow n return). If you were keeping an OV system, you would link the f&v as they would benefit greatly from the powerflush.

Ok, thanks, my mistake, got confused with my F&E and F&R, easily done I suppose

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back