Karcher - Problem with Detergent Suction connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a KB3030 model and somehow managed to disconnect the detergent suction hose. :oops:

The machine started passing water internally and when I opened up the casing and connected it to a water supply the water was pouring from the end of the connection that the detergent suction hose connects to.

Have I lost a part that fits on the end of the plastic hose when I pulled it off - e.g some sort of non return valve?

Sponsored Links
Brilliant! The diagram really helped

It appears that the plastic tube simply slips over the nipple.

What looks like a ball & spring assembly within the 'detergent fitting assembly' (#7 in diag.) is probably the culprit as it's likely to perform a non-return function I'd guess. I doubt if it's a failure of one of the o-rings as the water is passing at mains pressure as opposed to just 'leaking' out.

I note that a replacement detergent fitting assembly is no longer available for my model :cry: However, there may be an alternative that would suit.

My next problem is to remove the large metal cover assembly which encloses the fitting!

Update:

Before attempting to remove the metal plate which would give me access to the detergent ftg assembly I decided to experiment ...

• Power off + mains water on = water pours from detergent ftg nipple.
  • Power off + mains pressure + pull trigger = water stops leaking from detergent ftg nipple and flows from gun.
  • Power ON + mains water on = water pours from detergent ftg nipple, when trigger is pulled the leak stops but the pressure is the same as when power is off.
  • Motor etc makes usual 'noises' but it's just not developing the higher pressure. :cry:

I also tried blocking the unwanted flow from the detergent ftg nipple before pulling the trigger but there was no difference.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Do you have a seperate lance you can try, it sounds like it may be a problem with that (perhaps blocked or obstructed) as I always thought that the soap was sucked out by the water flow creating a vacuum rather than pumped out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back