keeps tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This morning my electrics tripped out. When reset it was ok for 5 mins then tripped again.
I have located it to a ring main to the kitchen. I have unplugged all appliances to the sockets but it still trips.
Could the rcd be faulty?

Sponsored Links
What trips, fuse,mcb, rcd? Do you have the facilities & competance to test? Sounds like you may be quicker calling someone out. :(

nO I'M NOT A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN, BUT I M pretty good with electrics and fault finding normally. its the mcb, rcd ( not the main one but the one on that ring)
Just thought someone might point me in the right direction.
Have checked wiring on back of sockets, that seems ok. Just strange how it suddenly went

Sponsored Links
Sure you have you disconnected everything, including switch fuse spurs, plugs hidden behind items etc?

silly question, but many people don't and it could save you a few bob on a callout.

Sure you have you disconnected everything, including switch fuse spurs, plugs hidden behind items etc?

silly question, but many people don't and it could save you a few bob on a callout.
Yeah everything unplugged. Not sure about rcd mcb??

What exactly is it that is tripping? What is written on the device? Is there a test button on it?

What exactly is it that is tripping? What is written on the device? Is there a test button on it?
No test button, its not the one that switches all circuits off, its the one on a single ring. In this case the 13 amp sockets in the kitchen.
Nothing has been screwed to walls or any other work like that in the last 4-5 mths

Not sure about rcd mcb??

CUExplained.jpg

You just click on ignore again, and it shows your ignore list. You can unignore people from there :D

What is written on the device which trips?
hager mt 132
Think i hit the ignore button too instead of quote!!! how do i un ignore you?

Pointless me telling you if you're ignoring me :LOL:

Click here //www.diynot.com/forums/ignore.php and click the x to the right of my username, maybe someone else can copy this and post it ;)
Got you back.
When the mcb trips, it then trips the rcd protecting it.
Guess it would be easier if i could find what socket was first and last in the ring. Could i not disconnect one of the lives behind the sockets untill the faulty section is eliminated? or am i talking tosh!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back