Kelston Celsius 25 only fires up after 24 hours!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Keston Celsius 25 boiler only comes on 24 hours after switching it on!

I have a holiday flat which I visit once a month. Before I leave I turn the mains and hot water stopcocks off plus the electrical supply to the boiler. The heating isolation valve is permanently at horizontal.

When I arrive, I perform the above in reverse (plus turn up the thermostat), but neither the hot water or heating comes on. About 6 hours later, the boiler fires up for 10 minutes then shuts itself down. It comes on permanently (according to the programmer settings) some 20-24 hours later and works fine from then on.

There is one boiler light flashing (fast) green continuously until it fires up 24 hours later when it changes to a solid green. There is never a red light. The programmer has both heating and hot water set to on (red light showing on both) and the thermostat is well above room temperature. The control knob is on.

Is this problem caused by some the actions in para 2, or is it just because the boiler has not been used for a month? It was serviced 9 months ago.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back