Kemore 80 washer will not fill with water but will spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an older model Kenmore 80 washer model 110.82683810. The wash cycle has stopped working. The washer will spin in all modes, but will not fill or agitate in the wash cycle in any mode. I replaced the timer, which had severe burn and erosion on the contacts, so I was sure that was the problem. However, after installing the new timer, it did not take care of the problem. Additionally, the transmission was replaced about three years ago with a new one. Because the spin cycle works and timer works, I cannot figure out what the problem is. Also, I have checked the water supply lines and water is fine. I would appreciate any ideas on the matter.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have resolved this issue. I am posting the results, if it can help anyone else. I disconnected the water lines from the inlet valve, set the machine to a normal wash mode, turned on washer. I set the water to lowest fill level and started to fill the tank manually with the water supply line. Once the water reached the low level setting, the washer began to agitate. I reset the water level to a higher level and the machine began to fill and, once it reached the new level, it began to agitate. I checked all fill modes in all settings and rinse cycles and it worked. This solved two areas of contention; one was to make sure the water level unit worked and the other was to verify the inlet valve was not working. I ordered and replaced the inlet valve and it works as good as new. I hope this may help others with a similar problem.

Well done Mruss!

I think the lack of response you got was due to this being primarily a European forum. Sears and their 'own brand' electricals are completely unknown in the UK.

Now ... if you could sort out some of our problems with Bosch dishwashers we'd probably forgive you for 1776.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back