Keston 130 wont relight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

My wife and I have moved into a new house which has a Keston 130 boiler. I know nothing about plumbing and heating, however we went away for the weekend and turned our water and heting off at the control panel in the kitchen. On our retuirn we have activated the water and the heating but to no avail.

on the boiler the power lights are on, however the green light with the flame logo next to it is off, ia guessing that the pilot light has gone out, but I cannot find a way to relight it as I ahve done with other boilers in the past. Could anyone advise as I dont fancy a cold shower again in the morning.

Many Thanks

Owen

Sponsored Links
dont have a pilot

But I would bet all the cash gasforyou has that your low pressure switch is blocked

Kestons are a sod if you dont know your arris from yer elbow so my humble advice is get someone in

OK, thanks, It is definetwly something Im not qualified for. I have tried everything else.

Sponsored Links
owen123 said:
OK, thanks, It is definetwly something Im not qualified for. I have tried everything else.

call keston and ask them who they recommend, most chaps dont seem to like kestons and wont work on em

corgiman said:
But I would bet all the cash gasforyou has

Anyone would think I'm loaded from what you say corgi :LOL: You haven't met her indoors yet, uk's biggest spender :LOL: :LOL:

gas4you said:
corgiman said:
But I would bet all the cash gasforyou has

Anyone would think I'm loaded from what you say corgi :LOL: You haven't met her indoors yet, uk's biggest spender :LOL: :LOL:

I have just decided that you are DIYnots Bill Gates mate, for no apparent reason at all.

:)

Most competent boiler engineers will work on Kestons but its often disappointing just how unreliable they seem to be.

As a last resort try removing power for three minutes and see if that resets it.

Tony

i use to work for kestons ,the boiler has a permanent live and a switched live, the fans did suffer alot with over heating and sometimes if they were left off for a bit would not start and burn the relay unit out, if i can be of help please feel free to give me a shout where i will try and help you out.

they also have a low gas and low water pressure switch

after working in them for nearly 10 years i still don't like them and take nearly 2 hours to give them a full service.

heating tech

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back